• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    You need to do the software installation as shown in post #1 here.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...aofeng_uv_3r_mark_ii_dual_band_ham_radio.html

Then from within the software (you just installed) you do FILE -> OPEN.
    As rigth now Windows has no clue what file that is since it does not have the software to "run/open" that file.

Ok I download that now I can't even find http://www.bravehardt.com/Jedi/AMP/files/NWI.3R
    It's telling me that it's a attack page
    I lowered my fire wall now it can't find it. I was able to find it before this downloads now I can't. It saids server not found.

Last edited:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    To anyone who ordered targets, Delivery is estimated for Wednesday. As soon as they are in my hot little hands, I'll PM all buyers to make pickup arrangements.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ok I download that now I can't even find http://www.bravehardt.com/Jedi/AMP/files/NWI.3R
    It's telling me that it's a attack page
    I lowered my fire wall now it can't find it. I was able to find it before this downloads now I can't. It saids server not found.

Working fine for me right now. If you are still haveing trouble send me a PM with your email address and I can send it to you.

BTW the server is in London & a bit slow so maybe it was down a little while ago.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Working fine for me right now. If you are still haveing trouble send me a PM with your email address and I can send it to you.

BTW the server is in London & a bit slow so maybe it was down a little while ago.

I just got called in to work so it will be a few day before I can work on it again. Thanks for the help. I will get it figered out.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Hardly a surprise. Chicago obviously wasn't ready.

Police: Store clerk complied during fatal armed robbery

So apparently someone was in there when the gun was displayed, he (wisely) fled and called 911. I'm not sure what I'd do in his situation. Pull my gun and shoot the robber?

I assume that I'd be in fear of my life and that of the clerk so I'd hope I'd be justified in shooting the guy.

This isn't Purple, but since I OC most of the time I wonder if they'd have "taken me out" first, or just left if they saw the gun.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hardly a surprise. Chicago obviously wasn't ready.

Police: Store clerk complied during fatal armed robbery

So apparently someone was in there when the gun was displayed, he (wisely) fled and called 911. I'm not sure what I'd do in his situation. Pull my gun and shoot the robber?

I assume that I'd be in fear of my life and that of the clerk so I'd hope I'd be justified in shooting the guy.

This isn't Purple, but since I OC most of the time I wonder if they'd have "taken me out" first, or just left if they saw the gun.

Hard to say. In some cases the sight of a civilian with a gun is enough for the BGs to leave and come back later once it's "safe" again. In this case I'm not sure.

I suspect that the first shot was more the shooter mad/annoyed that this lady dared to talk back to him. So he "showed her" by shooting her. But the fact that he went around the counter and shot her again to ensure she was dead shows that he is not your typically BG. He is indeed a killer. He is not your run of the mill gangster thug but indeed a mid level foot solider who does get things done. Thus why he also had help (spotter).

Had you been there and saw them would you have shown fear in your eyes when looking at them? Would you have even looked at them eye-to-eye? :dunno: If yes & the shooter saw you OC I suspect he would have shot you first to take out the threat before doing the robbery based on what we know (ie. He is a real gangster who has and can kill just cause).

But alas we will never know and he will probably not be caught by the police but instead end up dead by some other rival gang.

-Jedi

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    That was my thought - he's a killer.

He was already intent on killing someone that day for whatever reason.

Really feel for that poor lady and her family.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That was my thought - he's a killer.

He was already intent on killing someone that day for whatever reason.

Really feel for that poor lady and her family.

Yes a killer he is but I wonder if he is good with his firearm. Or if he can think under fire so to speak. It's one thing to kill an unarmed, non-threating person. It's completely different when you are taking fire that you did not expect.

I can't find much of an interent footprint on the victim however. :dunno:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    My guess is that he is a psychopath who will shoot anyone who he think "disrespects" him in any way. There are some people who you just don't want to mess with.

A human mind is the most dangerous weapon anyone has.

People scare me.

I hate working retail. :p

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Well t_star you got 1/2 of your wish come true. Obama has moved the G-8 sumit from Chicago to Camp David.
    Chicago Losses G-8 Summit - INGunOwners

Last I knew, my firm was thinking about closing for that time frame. They haven't mentioned what days or if they are for sure. The talk of stopping trains before McCormick Place still puts a damper on things. I don't intend on driving to work.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Last I knew, my firm was thinking about closing for that time frame. They haven't mentioned what days or if they are for sure. The talk of stopping trains before McCormick Place still puts a damper on things. I don't intend on driving to work.

WHAT!!!!!! Where did you hear that? Are they thinking of not having the south shore go all the way into the city? :dunno:

What!!!! You have this confirmed?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I heard the same thing, on the radio, can't recall which station. It was NOT confirmed, it was one of many 'proposed' security measures.
    a this point it is NOT confirmed south shore will stop before mccormick but for all intents and purposes i can't see how they could possibly keep them running under there. completely unsecured transportation running underneath a bulding full of world leaders? seems like a bad idea. city of chicago HAS confirmed lake shore drive will be closed during times the summit is in session because it runs next to/between the buildings, so trains underneath don't seem like any better of an idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom