Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Be really careful with the advice you are getting on compressors. None of it is wrong, but the way the thread is leaning you may end up with a 15hp gas powered, supercharged, 40 gallon tank compressor that requires a car to jump start.

Bigger IS better. But if you want it to run the stuff you specified, get a decent size tank and the biggest 120v electric motor you can find.

Personally I use a 33 gallon Sears 1.5hp unit and while there are times when I wish it had more power, I also use mine for operating air tools like grinders, air ratchets, etc.

Thanks but I might just go with the cheap-o one from the start and roll the dice on it. The compressor and a "new floor" for the reloading area were not in the original budget. So I either have to give us some reloading stuff (ie. no progressive for now) to get the air compressor and re-floor the room or cut some corners and do a plastic over carpet + cheap-o compressor + progressive or some combo of the 3. Case in point I can't get progressive + air + floor. So I've got some decisions to make and ASAP as the benches are going in this weekend and I would rather have the floor decision settled now then having to move and remove the benches later. :D

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Reminder ... Prac/Tac Shotgun match this weekend at NPCCC. Start time is 0900 (Chicago time) ... don't forget, time change this weekend.

Set up is at 1400 on Saturday (March 10th)

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Thanks but I might just go with the cheap-o one from the start and roll the dice on it. The compressor and a "new floor" for the reloading area were not in the original budget. So I either have to give us some reloading stuff (ie. no progressive for now) to get the air compressor and re-floor the room or cut some corners and do a plastic over carpet + cheap-o compressor + progressive or some combo of the 3. Case in point I can't get progressive + air + floor. So I've got some decisions to make and ASAP as the benches are going in this weekend and I would rather have the floor decision settled now then having to move and remove the benches later. :D

Sears then you have the lifetime warranty. Assuming its Craftsman.

I tell all my customers to buy tools from Sears instead of us...

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Sears then you have the lifetime warranty. Assuming its Craftsman.

I tell all my customers to buy tools from Sears instead of us...

Sear (craftsman) does not have lifetime on there air compresser. I have one that is 16 years old and it get used often. It is a 1.5 horse and a 25 gallon upright. I have never had a problem. I drain the tank out about ones every six mouths. The compresser stays on all the time so it ready to go. I hate to wait for it to build up when you need it. Over all I am very happy with it.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    So apparently today is National Woman's Day. As such I have been informed I am to wine and dine my new prospective girlfriend. And when I asked her what movie she wanted to see, she replied, Act of Valor... Winning:rockwoot:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    So apparently today is National Woman's Day. As such I have been informed I am to wine and dine my new prospective girlfriend. And when I asked her what movie she wanted to see, she replied, Act of Valor... Winning:rockwoot:

Wait, what? National Womens' day? WTF?
    Mothers' Day
    Sweetest Day
    Valentines' Day
    Birthday
    Anniversary (can be multiples: Day we met, day we kissed, all that cr**)
    How many freaking holidays do they need?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

HONESTLY then based on your uses, I would skip the compressor! The ONE thing that you listed that will be an issue for your compressor is the painting. For filling up the car tires, etc you can use one of those $15 12-volt compressors that plugs into your car's cigarette lighter.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Mothers' Day
    Sweetest Day
    Valentines' Day
    Birthday

I find they need to be celebrated at least twice a week

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Mothers' Day
    Sweetest Day
    Valentines' Day
    Birthday
    More, that's for sure! :P :P :P

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Mothers' Day
    Sweetest Day
    Valentines' Day
    Birthday
    Shut_Your_Pie_Hole_by_crosspollenation.jpg

You get a holiday as well.
    International Men's Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:D

Besides I think based on the comment by IN_SheepDog in the "Hammond is looking for trouble" thread in which it looks like you lost the case against Hammond. :n00b: you may no longer be worthy to be in NWI INGO.

How you guys can lose that case when the text is black and white is.... :dunno:

Hammond is looking for trouble - Page 47 - INGunOwners

HONESTLY then based on your uses, I would skip the compressor! The ONE thing that you listed that will be an issue for your compressor is the painting. For filling up the car tires, etc you can use one of those $15 12-volt compressors that plugs into your car's cigarette lighter.

I had one and it burned out. :xmad: Well I looked at more flooring options today and I think I am just going to keep the carpet that is in the "reloading" room and use the money to get a compressor instead. Perhaps something in the $100 to $120 range.

-Jedi

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom