Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Man, I'm glad I'm moving to south of 30 next week. Jedi always leaves me out of the fun things. Maybe I can go bunker down at melansdad's and keep you north of 30 ganstas out!

!!!TRAITOR!!!!

You do realize you will now only get 1/2 a vote and because you defected from the NORTH we are going to temp. give you a MINUS 1/4 so you will only get now 1/4 of a vote. Keep it up and soon you will be with Combat45ACP who only gets 1/8th of a vote.
    :D

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    !!!TRAITOR!!!!

You do realize you will now only get 1/2 a vote and because you defected from the NORTH we are going to temp. give you a MINUS 1/4 so you will only get now 1/4 of a vote. Keep it up and soon you will be with Combat45ACP who only gets 1/8th of a vote.
    :D

Haters gonna hate. :)

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Haters gonna hate. :)

hatereagle.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I use 80/94 a lot lately between US41 and Ripley in LS, and only cops I've ever seen are the unmarked ones in their Chargers. Maybe I've been lucky.

My radar detector pings a lot but I heard that SP use LIDAR more than RADAR.
    I've only seen the SP on Motorcycles using LIDAR. The cars all seem to have instant on RADAR, usually KA Band.

The toll-road has a lot more speed traps than 80/94. Probably due to less traffic, and some good hiding places like around the bend by 65 and around the Cline exit nearer Illinois.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I've only seen the SP on Motorcycles using LIDAR. The cars all seem to have instant on RADAR, usually KA Band.

The toll-road has a lot more speed traps than 80/94. Probably due to less traffic, and some good hiding places like around the bend by 65 and around the Cline exit nearer Illinois.

Ah... I should be more careful then LOL. Its really easy to let the speed creep up. I can't remember where it is but I think its the bend by 65. A hill/bridge and a left hand curve.

By the way: BBC News - Man jailed for chainsaw attack in Hull pub

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I travel 80/94 daily and two days a week I got all the way to the MI boarder or LaPorte exit. I see marked SPs, a few of the dodges, and a couple gray crown vics. The MCs are out when its nice. Most the time they are pulling over the semi's, and the few cars they nab are usually going 80+. I usually cruise at 70-75 and am alright.

Now that I say that I'm gonna get stopped.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I see people fly past me... no point reporting them as I'm not going to break the law to catch up to get a licence plate and unless there's an SP trooper just up the road its pointless.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

While I will occasionally shop at Blythes I do so only because I really like supporting local (over chain) businesses DESPITE the LIES they have told me.

I used to really like Blythes. Whenever I wanted to buy or order a gun they always treated me very well, gave me a fair price.

But many of you know that I also collect old guns of 1 particular brand. Its not uncommon for me to buy 20+ guns a year of this brand. That said I went to Blythes to try to work up a deal so I could do transfers there. They told me it was $50 on the phone, per gun.

Now I understand $50 for a current production gun. In fact I know of small dealers that have a 2 stage fee set up. A lower price for transfers of OUT OF PRODUCTION guns and a high price for "Gunbroker Deals" or "Buds Gun Shop" type transfers of current production guns. I fully support that. I have no problem with that.

But I'm buying 20 and 30 year old guns from a defunct factory and a factory that has been closed. I can only buy from other collectors and individuals. I went into Blythes and explained all this to them, told them I'd be happy to transfer my business to them for them to do all my transfers. I was told (by some fat guy) that I should have a gun sent in and he'd help me out.

So I did. In fact I had 2 guns sent in to be transferred to me. He called me when they arrived. Both came from the same seller.

I filled out the forms and he told me it would be $100 for the transfer. OK, but I thought we were going to work something out so I could transfer all my guns through you guys???

That is when the lying started.

I used to help out Chuck at CNI so I know exactly what papers are filled out, what log books are, etc.

But this guy (the same fat guy) started in on how much work it was to fill out the books, and how everything had to be doubled for 2 guns, blah blah blah . . . OH and then he said they charge EVEN MORE if the gun is over $1000.00 because it costs them more to do a transfer on an expensive gun than an inexpensive gun. F***ing LIAR.

I paid the $100 fee, got BUTTF***ed by the fat guy, and left with my guns.

Oh, I've been back, I bought 4 boxes of ZOMBIE MAX for my daughter for her birthday. But that was the first time I've been back in roughly 3 years.

There are plenty of smaller dealers out there that will do my transfers and are happy to do them. I have one who is closer to me that does my transfers at $20 per transaction. He doesn't care if I transfer in 1 gun, or multiple guns. Price is still the same, $20. Why would I support Blythes?

Good work lone!
    Happy 2 c 1 of our regional stores becoming a "INGO advertiser" as well.
    It's the valpo store (further 4 me) but alas it appears the griffith store does not have a big web presence. :(
    F Blythes :biggun:

In fact please don't POLLUTE our NWI INGO THREAD with advertisements.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why would I support Blythes?

Which location did you experience this at? :dunno:
    While they are owned by the same family I think they are run "independently" by 2 brothers and hence while the weekly email sales and now the post on INGO in their section say "for valpo location" only.

In fact please don't POLLUTE our NWI INGO THREAD with advertisements.

Hum... They are not the first post we make in this thread about local sales/deals going on. If you look back I have posted ammo sales at cabelas from time to time. We have also posted there weekly email ads in their thread from time to time.

However now that they had their own sub-section on INGO I think it's best if we handle them like lone did. A simple link to where the ad is at so memebers can go there if they want.

I'm not sure but I think site advertisers are NOT allowed to "spam" the boards with go see my weekly sale at this link (redirect to their sub-section). However their is nothing against a general member doing it.

That is not to say we (NWI INGOers) are going to be doing it all the time, often or seldom. Being that they are new to the boards I suspect we are just excited to see them here.

I don't mind seeing "blythes" post on the boards as a "real person" and talking about guns, reloading, etc. either. & they are more than welcome to come to our events as well.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Which location did you experience this at? :dunno:
    Why must you end a sentence in a preposition? Did not your teachers teach you proper English?

Hmm... They are not the first post we make in this thread about local sales/deals going on. If you look back I have posted ammo sales at cabelas from time to time. We have also posted there weekly email ads in their thread from time to time.
    Hmm... well then I'll make it a point from now on to post 100% true stories about the crap they serve each and every time you post an advertisement for them in this thread. Thanks for the heads up :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom