• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    When I get to pick the right person to talk to at the counter, I have always been treated more than fairly. They know I spend money there but I have never had the feeling that I would be treated any differently otherwise. It's a shame that one bad day, bad employee, or bad experience could jade your opinion forever. That's how it works though. You only get one chance to make a good first impression.
    And therin lies the problem...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sometimes, I think it's all a matter of who you walk up to at the counter. . .

And therin lies the problem...

So tell me, what did I do wrong to get so screwed by Blythes? I called in advance, I talked to them, told them what I wanted to do, I was even told (lied to) that they could "work something out" and then went in to meet with the guy I spoke with, laid it all out again . . .

Prior to my dealings with them on those 2 transfers all of my dealings at Blythes were good.

But that 1 HORRIBLE experience, which was filled with lies, was enough to keep me away. And stay away I will continue to do. And for that matter I now direct people to other dealers or even to Gunbroker and have them do transfers. ANYTHING to avoid Blythes.

They lost me as a customer.

They lost all the people I refer to other shops.

Had they simply realized how many transfers I do, and how many I have done in the past few years, they would have earned far more money from me that just the transfer fees. Yes, I did go there for the Hornady Zombie Max for my daughter, but 4 boxes of ammo are not going to pay their rent. And if I knew of another shop that had that stuff I'd have driven 20 more miles to avoid their store.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Maybe they knew you were from south of 30?
    But seriously, I too get funny looks and a funky vibe on the rare occasions that I go in there.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Hey Napalm, I suggest giving Citadel Tactical Solutions a call. That's where both myself & darkkevin got our holsters, and they went out of their way to make ME happy. They're in Michigan City, which is why I say call first, but if they have something it's worth it.
    Short of that, check out Clament Leather or Tagua.

Thanks T, I'll check them out. Mich City isn't bad for travelling to.

I dig the holster you gave me with the gun - its great for OC but I'm not too comfortable with OCing around the house nevermind when my permit arrives.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah I think its essentially the same size.

I shoulda gone to the kydex class.:dunno:
    fd4e616e.jpg

Just got my kydex stuff in. If you want to try and make something this weekend let me know. I should have some kydex to make a holster. I will try to get more.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I have work saturday morning and I was planning on going to the valpo gun show on sunday, but saturday afternoon could be doable.

I'll give you some dinero for the kydex.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Yeah I think its essentially the same size.

I shoulda gone to the kydex class.:dunno:

Hmmmmm. We had the room!

Shoulda, coulda, woulda tough luck. Now you will have to beg and beg to see if he will hold another one. :D

No begging needs to be done. Lonehoosier is doing what I hoped everyone would do. I teach 8. Those 8 teach 8 themselves. Those 64 teach, well you get the point.

fd4e616e.jpg

Just got my kydex stuff in. If you want to try and make something this weekend let me know. I should have some kydex to make a holster. I will try to get more.

Hey I'd like to buy 4 chicago screws from you!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Looks like Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning until 3 will be the best time for me Jay, or we can do it another weekend.

Hey I'm still out of town for work right now. I am hoping to be back in Saturday morning. I will send you a PM with my address and phone number. Give me a call Saturday and will try to get together. Sorry it will be last minute.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    The underbelly of St. John (some say Dyer ... some say St. John Township). Something else to worry about when I'm at work. This one is way too close for my comfort. Thank goodness the family is armed 24/7 while I'm away. Still .... who shoots an 83 year old man ... multiple times, too?

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    The underbelly of St. John (some say Dyer ... some say St. John Township). Something else to worry about when I'm at work. This one is way too close for my comfort. Thank goodness the family is armed 24/7 while I'm away. Still .... who shoots an 83 year old man ... multiple times, too?

Most people are murdered by people they know... so... my guess would be a relative.

An old man was murdered in my town back in the UK (he was bludgeoned to death). Turned out he was a "kiddy fiddler" aka pedophile.

I'm NOT saying its the case here but... yeah.

BTW... as a question to the masses... what cleaning supplies do I need for my S&W? Brush? Patches? solvent?
    edit: http://corneredcat.com/Gun_Cleaning_101/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom