• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Hey I am looking for some used five gallon plastic gas cans to add to my gas storage. I am willing to spend up to $7.00. I can get new ones for $13.00. If some one has a lead on a better deal then that let me know. Maybe we can do a group by if there is interest in it. As far as storage I just date each can when I fill it. When I fill my cars I grab the oldest can dump it in the tank and refill it back up. It works out will for me. I bought one of those hand pumps to transfer the fuel. It makes it pretty easy to empty the can. Ones you get it started it will empty it's self. *

I've heard that platic cans for long-term storage doesn't work too well.:dunno:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I'm going to try and get to the 1101 tonight, perhaps i'll bring a woman or two. Jedi, if you want to get a feel for the M&P9 with the tiny grips, I'll have one with me.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I've heard that platic cans for long-term storage doesn't work too well.:dunno:

I have been going this for nine year now. I have about seven five gallon plastic gas cans and I would say the oldest one is seven years old. The only problem that I had is the bottom of the can rubbing on the concrete floor over time acts like sandpaper and where's down the plastic but I layed some 2x4 on the ground and I have not had that problem in five years.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    How about smoking some cigars?

I've got a guitar player coming into the 1101 Cigar Lounge tonight and a factory rep is supposed to be here with La Gloria Cubana cigars offering some sort of deals on those cigars. But anyone can just come in for the music between 7pm and 9pm.

:faint: Lets see a chance to see a "gun bunny" PLUS eat a steak or go an see a coffee can stealing SOUTH Lake County Red Neck? Hum....

In case you missed it Bill B posted the following:

Ok, let's see if this works:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/Preacher1230

If not, the post is:
    Veronica from Gun Bunnies will Hang with The Preacher tonight at Freddy's Steakhouse for The Preacher's Jukebox at 6pm...

I'm going to try and get to the 1101 tonight, perhaps i'll bring a woman or two. Jedi, if you want to get a feel for the M&P9 with the tiny grips, I'll have one with me.

Thanks but I can wait until you bring it to the MEET & SHOOTs.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    wtf, why are we storing gas?

For emergency power to run a generator.
    Have you never lost power for several days? :dunno:

Same reason to have a backup source for heat (ie. propane heater, kerosene heater, wood stove, etc..)

Same reason to have a few weeks to months to years (if you are paranoid) stock of basic food in case you get snowed in.

All about being prepared.

Now if you are worried about zombies then you just need loads and loads of ammo. :ar15::D

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I believe in just storing .223..... because with .223 it gains you access to everything else.... Its sort of like the barter system, only I end up with both ends of the deal

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Cabela's also sells box of 50 for 9.99 on sale it's the J&S brand I think.
    Reg. price is 10.99 or 11.99 not sure. But it's typically always on sale.

I don't drive to places I can't pronounce, so Rens...Renss...R... that place is out of the question ;) Plus I'd be spending more in gas than I'm saving.

Cabelas sounds like a good plan tho. See if I can't use my staff discount...well.. not "my" discount, but...

lonehoosier: How about "jerry cans"? I know back in the motherland I could get those for around $25/30 each.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I don't drive to places I can't pronounce, so Rens...Renss...R... that place is out of the question ;) Plus I'd be spending more in gas than I'm saving.

Cabelas sounds like a good plan tho. See if I can't use my staff discount...well.. not "my" discount, but...

lonehoosier: How about "jerry cans"? I know back in the motherland I could get those for around $25/30 each.

I think those hold five gallons too. I can get two new five gallons blitz cans for that price.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom