• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    I feel like we get babysat to much at my work. Supervisors have no confidence in us to do the little things. For example, I check my work truck every morning then fill out my DOT book. The supervisor shows up to go over safety stuff and says he has to check the work trucks for safety. I tell we do it every morning. He says he still has to check. No confidence.

The company keeps cramming safety down our throat. You get tired of hearing it all the time. It's all about numbers to them anyway.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I feel like we get babysat to much at my work. Supervisors have no confidence in us to do the little things. For example, I check my work truck every morning then fill out my DOT book. The supervisor shows up to go over safety stuff and says he has to check the work trucks for safety. I tell we do it every morning. He says he still has to check. No confidence.

The company keeps cramming safety down our throat. You get tired of hearing it all the time. It's all about numbers to them anyway.

They have no confidence because so many workers now are slackers. The bad ones spoil it for everyone.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Lol frosty. Technically if you go into uss like that you have to have a material pass on the way out sonthe guard can check and make sure you dont have anything your not supposed to.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well it took an hr but finally found one. Then the guard at the gate was asking for a raw materials pass or manifest. :facepalm: Its not special waste no need for one. Finally after another 5 minutes of spelling it out for her she finally let me go. F that place...

that is what you get for leaving that NON-pink sticker on my can in the alley. :p

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    Our management keeps getting restructured with MORE management. They are running this place (poorly) like the gov run the country. Each department has too many bosses. They do this on purpose to create plausible denyability. There seems to be little or no accountability on the management level. They put policies and new SOPs in place without analyzing maintenance or production operations and how the new policies will effect them. They have had a super hard on for safety lately but that doesn't change people's mindset, if they are a careless person more policies won't help, normally they hurt. Our brand new safety guy was pretty fresh out of school and never worked in a mill before. Greaaaaaaaaaaat

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Our management keeps getting restructured with MORE management. They are running this place (poorly) like the gov run the country. Each department has too many bosses. They do this on purpose to create plausible denyability. There seems to be little or no accountability on the management level. They put policies and new SOPs in place without analyzing maintenance or production operations and how the new policies will effect them. They have had a super hard on for safety lately but that doesn't change people's mindset, if they are a careless person more policies won't help, normally they hurt. Our brand new safety guy was pretty fresh out of school and never worked in a mill before. Greaaaaaaaaaaat

I hear ya. We're I work they keep bringing in new people and they try to make themselves look good and change stuff around.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I think i've been asked to help a friend move this weekend. :puke:

Maybe i can get the wife to help, and i can go to the m&s...

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I think i've been asked to help a friend move this weekend. :puke:

Maybe i can get the wife to help, and i can go to the m&s...

Tell them you have Ebola, but would be happy to help and also bring lunch. If they inquire further, let them know the CDC says you're not contagious.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Lol frosty. Technically if you go into uss like that you have to have a material pass on the way out sonthe guard can check and make sure you dont have anything your not supposed to.

Must be a USS thing, cause ive pulled a hundred loads out of Arcelor and never needed that. Only a manifest if the load(special waste) is going to the landfill. I hope to not go back to USS.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My entire body hurts from teaching fencing to the new kids. On the bright side, even when I yell at them and tell them to HIT ME, I can still block their blade and smack them in the head with mine. Those newbies can really take a beating. And people wonder why I volunteer for this. Punishing as it can be, someone has to smack smart-ass teens around with metal rods and I am just the guy to do it. Oh well, back to the salt mine to beat some more kids :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom