• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Sooooo looking over what i need to finish some builds I think I'm going to have to get a second job...... LOL.....
    Jedi will give you $20 for a handjob.
    There's 22 square miles. Some part is always down.
    a coke battery
    4 or 5 blast furnaces
    2 bop shops with 3 furnaces each
    4 casting lines
    and several finishing lines.

What do you do there besides try not to die because of others' negligence? That seems like a full time gig anyway.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm looking forward to seeing it at the shoot. There's just something so cool about the Smith autos from that era.
    I'll have them all for show and shoot. I'm hoping to get a hold of the historian at S&W tomorrow and see how many 3906's were made in their 2yr run. Out of all my S&W's I would have to say I shoot terrific by my standards on my 4506-1 and it would appear to be the same with this one. Never owned a S&W with teh adj sights, but if she does good at 25 will probably be my target pistol.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I'll have them all for show and shoot. I'm hoping to get a hold of the historian at S&W tomorrow and see how many 3906's were made in their 2yr run. Out of all my S&W's I would have to say I shoot terrific by my standards on my 4506-1 and it would appear to be the same with this one. Never owned a S&W with teh adj sights, but if she does good at 25 will probably be my target pistol.

That's a lot to carry. I can always babysit for you if need be.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Jedi will give you $20 for a handjob.

What do you do there besides try not to die because of others' negligence? That seems like a full time gig anyway.

When you're on the job, not in your shop, you have to think about the job.
    Not vacation, or a tv show, or guns....... just the job.
    Yesterday I let my wander for a second, I had just brought the tundish box into the corner, and I turned to get the LVDT out, and tripped over a blank laying on the ground at my feet. Almost cracked the side of my head into a metal tray.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    When you're on the job, not in your shop, you have to think about the job.
    Not vacation, or a tv show, or guns....... just the job.
    Yesterday I let my wander for a second, I had just brought the tundish box into the corner, and I turned to get the LVDT out, and tripped over a blank laying on the ground at my feet. Almost cracked the side of my head into a metal tray.
    No room for distraction plus double shifts must make things a bit tricky...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No room for distraction plus double shifts must make things a bit tricky...

Back when the let a bunch of people retire early, you had younger smaller crews trying to keep up. Accidents skyrocketed. BAD.
    We were having one of our meetings about all the accidents, and I brought up the lack of experience, and the hours.
    This young boss looks at me and stated, "half the accidents are occurring on straight time, it CAN'T be that".
    So I pointed out if 10 percent of the people are on overtime, and they are causing 50 percent of the accidents, then he needs to check his math, cause that PROVES there's a problem.
    Plus, if you work a 65 year old 3 doubles shifts in a row, and on the 4th regular day he has an accident, it's cause of the doubles.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I'm still missing 7 barrels, I don't think 20 bucks is going to do it....

I know....... I can offer not to drop off more Raccoon's and Possums for a pay off.... Bring the Italian out in me.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom