• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    If they screw me over once, I can maybe overlook it as an accident or misunderstanding, but second time, I'm done.

I pretty much know the answer. But was just holding off. Pre-payed him to do some work at the house, in august. $750. I actually could've got the stuff done cheaper if I used a handyman/contractor, or close to the same amount. He needed help, and we've known each other for over 6 years. It was always hard to get the stuff done, but he always came though, just not on my time frame. And I have pre paid him once before, it was only $100 then and it took a couple weeks, but he came through. Well not this time. The few times in august he said he was coming, never called, never showed. And wouldn't return texts or calls for a week.

then he'd text me and say he was coming, "on the way, sorry about last week _________, happened."

Then still wouldn't show. That happened 3 times, then he disappeared. Recently he texted me and said he could make it. Then actually showed up. We went and actually bought the floor for the kitchen Sunday. We get back, something came up, he had to go. But he'd be back in the morning. Nope, Monday night, sorry something came up, I'll be there in the morning. Nope. Wednesday he gets to me at 3 pm and says, sorry girlfriend issues, she broke up with me and blah blah blah, I'm leaving now. See u in a few. Nothing.

Thursday, same ole stuff, I'll be there in the morning. 4 pm comes around and he himms and haws, then just stops responding. Same thing today. Now I was holding out, and staying calm, because with the flooring included I'm out $1000 now. Finally I just texted "hey are you really planning on doing this stuff? If not let me know, do you want me to keep bothering you, or just forget about it?"

40 minutes later, no response, so I said "Guess I got my answer, thanks."

hopefully Karma keeps her promises.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Crap day here as well. Definitely goes in the top 10 worst days at work Ive had.

in other news, my best friend who I consider my family and grew up with is completely off his rocker. He came back from Afghanistan all jacked in the head, thennhe seemed better but now hes literally lost it. He thinks hes the president and hes sending obama to guantanomo. And he says the va told him that. And he thinks he had a drone spider in his stomach. Idk he was at the va today and told them all that and they sent him home. Idk what to do this sucks.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Take him to a regular hospital, have him say the same thing, and they'll put a hold on him for 48 hours and hit him with anti-psychotics. Don't involve the police unless he's gonna hurt someone, because the situation may escalate and he'll end up in the clink.

Went through something similar with someone who came back from Iraq. Couple days of pills, couple months of treatment, and he's been coping fine since.

Is he using drugs? Sounds like he might be using, thinking it's helping, but is just plunging him further into psychosis. Also....does he have guns? If he does, you should get them away from him.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sooooo I think I was getting some electrical therapy tonight... The back room of this place had a lot of cable laying around and as I had to stand on it to jack into their router to reprogram their routes I noticed that the touch pad wouldn't do anything... no movement of the pointer on the screen but it would act as if I touched it to select the option I was on when I touched it... Felt a little static electric... then all gone when I went into the other room and jacked in to another managed switch.... I'm getting tired of all this electrocution stuff...

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    No hes not using drugs, he had guns but his parents took them thankfully. Hes had a handful of run ins with police since he got back. I sunk a couple thousand getting him out of jail in Kansas where he sas stationed then he went to the crazy hospital there. Then he got out continued active duty for a few months then was medically discharged with ptsd, then came back here had a full ride at Purdue and his now ex gf ruined that cuz she also is crazy (literally) and called the cops on him because he wouldn't answer his phone (he was asleep) she claims she thought he was hurting himself. Cops came he was walking down the street to get away from her and the counselor who called him crazy, cops told him to stop he didn't then they got into a physical altercation. So hes been going to the va to get help for his mind plus legal counseling for this charge with hammond pd. Then today he told him all that stuff and they sent him home.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    There are special courts out there to help with vets in similar situations. Might be worth looking into.

I have a friend at the VA who advocates for combat vets. I'll give him a ring and see if he knows how to actually get him help through the VA.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If you insist... since we were talking about sleeping dogs, here is some American Eskimo Synchronized Sleeping.

twoboys.jpg

sleepycouchpups1sm.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Anyone own a drill press I can come over and use? Need to drill a taper on my stainless barrel for tapered roll pins.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sooooo..... I think the wife decided we were saving money on the whole heat thingy this morning....

My everything hurts and it's freezing in here....

Oh and the new customers computer came in and got unboxed this morning for the get it ready by monday thing and the video doesn't work.... brand new puter..... idiot indians can't even build a puter.... WT..... miracles always miracles.... now it will take a week to get the real puter in and that will make sure I have plans for the next weekend and have to work instead of doing what I planned which will probably be work but that will put that project off and did I mention it's cold and I hurt all over.....

sigh....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    1775, you need a milling machine to do that correctly, just saying....

cheaper to get that gas block I sent you the link to with the set screws than get use of a milling machine and someone to operate it....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom