Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. The breed is too manly for you (plus, they don't come in pink). Though, I think you would appreciate one around the house. It would take your racoons and use them for squeak toys.

You met one last year at Iroquois' house.

Dogs can always be painted any color you know.
    One day when these demons are older I would like to get 2 dogs.

One like this:
    d709c68bf6b39351cccac9f25d279adc.jpg

and a bigger one like this
    Argentinian-Mastiff.jpg

But alas a bigger house/lot is needed first.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Couple guard dogs might be nice....if they didn't stink, shat in toilets, and didn't really need me to do anything for them.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ok ... I'll play.

The only real dog out there ...

chivas-home-web1.jpg

If it can hunt lions, it's a dog. Everything else is a "wannabe" dog ... especially those little fuzzy rats. :p

I will see your Rodesian Ridgeback and raise you with an Akita Inu. Bred to hunt bears and guard royalty. They protect the family, destroy intruders, and guard the castle. But I will grant you that a R.R. is one of the few real dogs out there. Too many breeds have been ruined by breeders for purposes of show quality yet the utility and/or the health of the breed has been diminished.

While my wife has a Maltese (think of the ideal dog for Jedi), my dog is a big Akita Inu.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well my last two dogs were Brittany Spaniels and even though they were small and not fierce fighting dogs I felt their ability to point out quail, dove, pheasant and even retrieve ducks and geese from the lake I just put them into with a nice load of 12 gauge was more than enough to qualify them as family members...

PS: when we harnessed the Danes up to the sled in the winter it was a fierce ride....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Now there's a dog. :yesway:

I've seen both breeds and I'll still take the RR ... simply a matter of looks and demeanor between the two breeds. I've seen and interacted with a few RR but only one Akita so maybe if I saw a few more I might be equally impressed.

:laugh: ... that is a big dog, btw.
    She (the Akita) is not fully grown in that photo. We consider her to be our minature Akita as she is the smallest one we have owned, she is now 10+ years old matured out at about 95 pounds. Our prior female was 105. Our prior male was a big dog.

I love the breed.

Not a breed you will see in Obedience Trial Competitions as they have a personality that requires a very strong master and is one of the breeds that is NOT suited to new dog owners. Prior to Akitas we had a couple Malamutes. Our last Malamute was the last Malamute trained by the guy who used to train the Gary Police Department dogs. That dog was named Thunder. He bit THROUGH one of those padded suits worn to protect people who are attacked during dog training. Malamutes are considered to be one of the hardest dogs to train, Akitas have a similar reputation. But if you can train one you have a dog who will protect your family and your house with its life, yet is a loving companion.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I will see your Rodesian Ridgeback and raise you with an Akita Inu. Bred to hunt bears and guard royalty. They protect the family, destroy intruders, and guard the castle. But I will grant you that a R.R. is one of the few real dogs out there. Too many breeds have been ruined by breeders for purposes of show quality yet the utility and/or the health of the breed has been diminished.

While my wife has a Maltese (think of the ideal dog for Jedi), my dog is a big Akita Inu.

I see your akita with a Tibetan Mastiff

2013_8$largeimg216_Aug_2013_135321393.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom