• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    The bugasalt is amazing. No gunbroker, I set it off on my parental controls. Witha funky paras word, that I wrote down nd hid, som no gunbroker, armslost or anything of its nature while I'm be discarded.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    How's that bugasalt working? Sounds like a perfect xmas present.

They're ok... but only work on some moths and flies. Thin skinned bugs.

But the idea is so much fun, they're great gifts, especially in the winter when you can't go out and test it and find out it doesn't work as well as you expected it to work.

I did burn up three "fills" of salt while we were camping a few weeks ago, about 150 shots worth. Killed probably 20 flies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I've had a couple of flies that took it 3 shots to kill. But I did manage to take one down in flight, it was awesome. Haven't tried an chance to shoot months with it but I look forward to trying.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I've had a couple of flies that took it 3 shots to kill. But I did manage to take one down in flight, it was awesome. Haven't tried an chance to shoot months with it but I look forward to trying.

Back porch smoking a pipe or cigar at night, porch light on to attract em. Hit em by the light and they explode in a puff of moth dust in front of the light.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just finished cubing up a half bushel of tomatoes for some homemade Salsa that we will be canning (tomorrow?).

I did all the cutting/cubing. So think about that if we have salsa at the next Meet & Shoot. My fingers touched every single bit of every one of those tomatoes. Yup, you will be putting my fingers into your mouth.

Now do you want to know if I washed my hands first? Will you believe me if I tell you?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Just finished cubing up a half bushel of tomatoes for some homemade Salsa that we will be canning (tomorrow?).

I did all the cutting/cubing. So think about that if we have salsa at the next Meet & Shoot. My fingers touched every single bit of every one of those tomatoes. Yup, you will be putting my fingers into your mouth.

Now do you want to know if I washed my hands first? Will you believe me if I tell you?

Jedi usually does the cooking sooooooo......

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Read the time wrong and gave Daisy her meds 45 minutes early. Guess I'll take mine too while I switch over to some of me fabulous well water, with mt ten set up, water softner and filter, mys well water taste s netter than bottled water. It's awesome.

after pain and gain is over, I guess it's time for bed, good night pepes.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    i got out to JP this morning. anyone else shoot this week?

I wish. How is JP? i have never been.

Andy219 have you tried the fall brew of woodchuck?
    2.png
    Quite tastey lol

Last edited:

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    it all depends. for rifle shooting i'd say it's the best in (my) area since it has 50, 100 and 225 yard ranges. it also has a 25 yard pistol range but i'm pretty sure if you wanted to shoot CQB rifle you could as i've seen it in the past. and it has a skeet area that i still haven't tried. the difference between JP and Kingsbury is that at JP you and the other shooters decide together when to cease fire and go downrange to your target. i really like that. at kingsbury the range master calls cease fire after so many minutes of shooting, all lanes at all yardages stop until range master calls the firing line hot. (he calls the shots! haha!) Kingsbury is a nicer range aesthetically and they do have 3 different pistol distances (10,15,25 yrds) but they don't have the 225 yard range (if that important to you).

i live in valpo and both are just about the same distance from my house. if i am just shooting rifle i go to JP because i'd rather not have the range master tell me when to and not to shoot. if i want to shoot rifle AND pistol then i go to kingsbury. if just pistol i go to Blythes!

also jp is free and kingsbury is (i think)$4, maybe $3, can't be sure.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    it all depends. for rifle shooting i'd say it's the best in (my) area since it has 50, 100 and 225 yard ranges. it also has a 25 yard pistol range but i'm pretty sure if you wanted to shoot CQB rifle you could as i've seen it in the past. and it has a skeet area that i still haven't tried. the difference between JP and Kingsbury is that at JP you and the other shooters decide together when to cease fire and go downrange to your target. i really like that. at kingsbury the range master calls cease fire after so many minutes of shooting, all lanes at all yardages stop until range master calls the firing line hot. (he calls the shots! haha!) Kingsbury is a nicer range aesthetically and they do have 3 different pistol distances (10,15,25 yrds) but they don't have the 225 yard range (if that important to you).

i live in valpo and both are just about the same distance from my house. if i am just shooting rifle i go to JP because i'd rather not have the range master tell me when to and not to shoot. if i want to shoot rifle AND pistol then i go to kingsbury. if just pistol i go to Blythes!

also jp is free and kingsbury is (i think)$4, maybe $3, can't be sure.

Thanks. i live in valpo also. Yea kingsbury is $4. They do have a nice thrower for skeet there. I still have not tried 200 yards at Winamac. i think the most fun indoor range I have been to was Kodiak Firing Range a couple years ago it was nice shooting steel.
    Aim surplus has nickel boron BCG for $79 shipped right now for those looking.
    I am waiting for the rainier arms piston upper for $575 they have listed.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    That AIM Surplus Nickel boron BCG is a good part... I have a couple of them and they run good...

JP moved the backstops up on the 225 just recently so the distance between the backstop and the benches is 200 yards, jut so you know...

Sleep....... that is what Vicodin and a scotch chaser is for....

I might escape for a hour or so tomorrow and shoot some... probably not but....

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    JP moved the backstops up on the 225 just recently so the distance between the backstop and the benches is 200 yards, jut so you know...

that i didn't know. i actually have never shot that far. shot 50 and 100 today but for my POU with that rifle i need to be sticking at the 50 for training more consistent and tighter groups.

where is kodiak? never heard of it

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    i'm not a great shot or a marksman or have ever had an pro training (yet), but i did pull off a 1" 5 shot group @ 50 yards with my 16" AR this morning. i was geeking out proud about that today. please be easy/dont make fun

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I like launching bullets at distance, but I'm not a great shot either...

Most fun with a rifle and distance shots was the Rosebud Reservation in South Dakota shooting prairie dogs at anything from 25 feet to 700 yards and a AR can shoot that well, plus the bolt gun... Ever get a chance to try it it would be fun....

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    that does sound like fun! right now this AR is mostly all purpose.... hunting coyote, self defense, shtf. not built for any one thing more specific than the other except having a red light for them coyotes. it's a great all around rifle as a carbine AR should be

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom