Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    First, do you have a luggage rack?
    Some attach to it, some are made to go to a car top with no roof.

Next, those look kinda specific function built.
    I could be wrong.
    With a cargo rack, anything goes.
    With a ski/bike rack, you're limited to what it's made for.

You (or bramedic) are welcome to look at it.

The first 2 links are basically an aftermarket luggage rack....kinda. A lot of newer SUVs come with the side bars that you just get cross members for and then you can attach racks and boxes to them. For the Passat you buy the crossbars that clamp on to the edge of the roof, that's your base. Then you can add on boxes, bike mounts, baskets, etc.

The main reason for the box is so that my slalom and wakeboards don't get beat up by road debris. The box wouldn't stay on full time, but the bars would. Although some of the boxes out there are very aerodynamic. Would also get a fairing for the bars.

Thule base rack with fairing.
    A3MalibuCruiseJan1100006.jpg

Thule base rack with ski/snowboard mounts.
    volkswagen-passat-2003-thule-tk14-tracker-foot-lb50-872xt-fairing-flat-top-6-locks.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sometimes you got to get bit to remember to think... Oh well survived another dumb moment.... Can't seem to get this hair to go down now though...

Pump stayed on... LOL... that's a first...

Actaeon, you could buy it and still get all that stuff done... and then you would have a nice set in the safe.... Thinking about shooting my Ruger Match Champion in a IDPA like match the first of the month... Haven't shot any comp in sooooo long that I'm going to stink at it... It also kinda teaches some bad habits for the real world use of a gun.... Not sure yet... A friend of mine picked up a chronograph and made me happy..... Want to do some testing with the 357 magnum loads and some different barrel lengths....

Actaeon, I think that one has your name all over it.... I think Snap is going to add a N frame to her collection, you need to keep up with her you know...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hey someone mentioned Freedom Munitions... Janna Reeves seems to like the stuff....

[video=youtube;J5Qk07tNFFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Qk07tNFFY[/video]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone of you yahoos that signed up for the Lake Village Appleseed that got cancelled want to try and make the Appleseed in Brazil? Supposedly there were two last second sign-ups the day it was cancelled. If so, PM me.

I am going to try and make this shoot as an instructor. If I can make it, I will provide a ride to and from the shoot for FREE. I can even provide camping equipment ... for FREE. Let's up the ante a little ... I will loan you a 10/22 and GIVE you the ammo for the weekend for ... FREE!

Anyone?

Meh... That offer does not come with Brazil girls (since this event is taking place in Brazil) loading your borrowed ruger mags for me and also keeping me warm at night.
    brazilian-auto-show-girls-14.jpg

How do you expect me to take you up on your offer without those girls helping me out.
    :)

Damn it WD, if you make that offer any more tempting, my gf is gonna kick my ass when I miss her cousins wedding this weekend. I have been dying to do an appleseed, I even got the new Ruger 10/22 Contest Winner just for it.

When in the wedding and where?
    I have a wedding attend on Saturday in Merrillville, IN.
    Really don't want to go. Tried telling the bride to not do it but alas she did not listen.

I can't seem to get the radio station out of my ears though.... hhhhhmmmm.
    Oh goodie NWI MSG has it's very own human portable radio. :woot: ;)

@GB. No clue who this Janna Reeves is but meh...
    The girl (competitive shooter I think) that is on the main page of here:
    X-Treme BULLETS
    (far right, short brown hair) is nicer. :)

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Jedi, you around tomorrow evening? I'm running around doing gun stuff, and thought I might pick up that ammo if you're not 'working.'

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, the one you like is Lena Miculek, her dad is like the fastest revolver shooter in the world...

Actually people are normally looking at me and saying what the heck, you shoot reloads all the time aren't those sub standard to manufactured ammo.... No I like my reloads much better and in most cases they go off more reliably than some other manufacturers ammo for sure.... "Tula"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Meh... That offer does not come with Brazil girls (since this event is taking place in Brazil) loading your borrowed ruger mags for me and also keeping me warm at night.
    brazilian-auto-show-girls-14.jpg

How do you expect me to take you up on your offer without those girls helping me out.
    :)

When in the wedding and where?
    I have a wedding attend on Saturday in Merrillville, IN.
    Really don't want to go. Tried telling the bride to not do it but alas she did not listen.

Oh goodie NWI MSG has it's very own human portable radio. :woot: ;)

@GB. No clue who this Janna Reeves is but meh...
    The girl (competitive shooter I think) that is on the main page of here:
    X-Treme BULLETS
    (far right, short brown hair) is nicer. :)
    Whole lotta silicone in that pic

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Just pop in here and I see we are talking about "three boobed chicks"
    I always wondered about a concept commonly referred to as a "super boob."
    Why have two small(ER) ones when you can have one big (super sized) boob?
    Done properly the super boob could alleviate back pain by carrying the single load properly over the midline. Bras would be simpler. Ladies wouldn't have to worry about them falling to the sides when lying down. It's really the perfect way to do it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Got an issue. I bought my wife a S&W 6906 to replace the HP22 she had been using for CC. I hated the California safety and it wasn't very accurate. I knew she needed something easier to use and was something she was familiar with. Knowing how she liked my 4506 figured this was best.

No I also own a S&W 669 the older version of the 6906 for those who are lost. I told her to take both to our berm out back and see how they felt. Form 13 yds we both had great groups with the 669 and on the 6906 there is a Trijcon adj sight in place of the Novaks and the groupings weren't that good.

I asked her which she liked and said the 669 felt better though she hated the blade rear sight. She asked me and I said she shot better with the 669 , so she said she would take that. At the last Meet and Shoot she said it was all over the place at 25 and I said it was because its a 3in barrel and not going to be as accurate for someone with little experience. I also said at 13 yds that's pretty much your max be from someone if something were to happen and you need a good shot.

So now she has my old S&W 669 and I have the S&W 6906. I do have a love of the 3rd gen smiths, though I've been pretty good at not spending my paycheckon the AR build and have sold things around the house to get my parts. Still waiting to sell my revolver as that will leave me with a barrel to get.

I have though of reselling the 6906, but I don't know. I have a 3913 which I do like better for CC even though its a few rounds shorter than the 6906. I have thought of trading for another 5906/5946 with at least 3 mags, or selling to fund the barrel. If I did sell I would have extra cash left over for ammo and dies. Though I would prefer my wife take the 6906 and I resell the 669 again.

What say you NWI INGO members? Keep the pistol and let it ride in the safe , trade for another 3rd gen, convince the wife to take the newer gun, or sell and fund my project?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Whole lotta silicone in that pic

Duh them real Brazilian girls. Brazil is the #1 country on the world for people getting plastic surgery.
    I would expect all these girls to be plastic.
    It's not like i want them long term, they are only their tio help load my mags.
    Oh wait the snob is not offering them.
    Meh... not going to his project appleseed then.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    She needs to shoot more.... I would opt for more ammo.....

Just a note, my 2 inch Ruger SP101 makes 100 yard shots without any problem... As long as the gun she decides to carry fits her hands and she is comfortable firing it then it is all in the hand eye coordination and repeated shooting of the system to put her on target...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Just "pulled the trigger" on a Smith 28-2 Highway Patrolman on Gunbroker, so no need for the 19 for me. If it turns out to be shooter grade, I got it for a good price. If it's really nice and/or happens to have the original brushed nickel finish, it was a steal.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    She needs to shoot more.... I would opt for more ammo.....

Just a note, my 2 inch Ruger SP101 makes 100 yard shots without any problem... As long as the gun she decides to carry fits her hands and she is comfortable firing it then it is all in the hand eye coordination and repeated shooting of the system to put her on target...
    Yeah ammo is no problem. She seems pretty set on the 669 even though she said I was trying to make her take a hand me down so I could have the "newer" one. I just told her what I saw and what the mostly likely scenario would be where she would need to pull her CC.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom