• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    well that isn't fun.... I mean a real surgeon should be able to do it right.... these hack jobs we have that call themselves surgeons these days... oh well....

I can photoshop that though....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

what!! what!!! what!!!
    You can't blame Jedi. Jedi has been all meesed up since he found out that PBS Painter Bob Ross died in 1995 and Jedi only found out today!
    Bob Ross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bob_at_Easel.jpg

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Anyone know much about roof racks? Was looking into the Thule but found Inno, and from what I can find online it seems that they are nearly identical to the Thule but about 1/2 the cost. Probably end up running a box, but might run some other mounts on them too.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone know much about roof racks? Was looking into the Thule but found Inno, and from what I can find online it seems that they are nearly identical to the Thule but about 1/2 the cost. Probably end up running a box, but might run some other mounts on them too.

You mean like this?
    20140106_230724_zps4c189e6a.jpg

20140106_230529_zps68f7c1db.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Open type
    Hard cover
    Soft cover?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    But she doesn't want you to watch. She wants to turn herself into a freak in a pink lame' bikini that no-one will look at.

I don't think one avoids attention by doing something that is so clearly attention-grabbing, which is then followed by a publicity tour including an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Actaeon, looking at the base systems right now.

Trying to decide between this
    Thule 480 Traverse Roof Rack - Complete System for Cars & Trucks Without Factory Rack, Gutters, Side Rails etc.
    or this
    Inno IN-SU Roof Rack System (Black) | Inno Car Rack for Naked / Smooth RoofTops

Then I am looking at something like this
    Thule 615 Pulse XL Roof Box (Matte Black) - 16 cu/ft Value-Priced Roof Rack Mount Cargo Container
    or possibly one of these
    SUPER SALE Thule 91725 Universal Flat Top Ski Rack & Snowboard Rack for up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
    Thule Snowboard Racks - Thule 575 Snowboard Rack for Carrying 2 Snowboards on any Car Roof Rack

Maybe one day get a bike carrier as well, although I already have a Saris that attaches to the trunk/bumper that works pretty well.

Main purpose right now is to carry my slalom ski and a couple wake boards in the summer to the lake. Possibly carry luggage or baby/kid stuff on trip as well. Its an expensive investment so I'm trying to research as best I can before I spend the money.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How do you like it? I was considering one as well.

Well, if I didn't like it, I'd have removed it.
    I wrote a review, page down till you see 2009 Ford Escape in the title. Author is just Amazon Customer.

I bought the extension, and the deflector board.
    I got rid of the u-bolt nuts that came with it. Replced them. Had to cut down the u-bolts.
    I think I lose 1 mpg or so.

They recommend leaving it off the car, and only putting it on when you need it.
    Thats why the u'bolt nuts are made to remove by hand.

But, if I took it off, I'd never have it on when I need it.
    I keep a cargo net, rope, & elastic straps to anchor stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom