Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    What is a personality test?
    And I'm probably glad I don't have to take one.

It was bad enough when I had to see a psychiatrist to become a Navy nuc. And they passed me..... I know. What does it take to fail

Those stupid ass preemployment tests where they ask you dumbass questions like "I work well with others" with answers ranging from "strongly disagree" to "strongly agree"

You'd think the "Correct" answers would be obvious, but they're not.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    BE CAREFUL ON THE ROADS.

A cop came through an intersection ahead of me with his lights on about an hour ago, and because I'm not an idiot, I moved over well ahead of time when I saw him. Person behind me did not, someone on the other side didn't move over, and the cop lost it trying to thread the needle and hit the car behind me head on.

We took that as an omen to go home and not go back on the roads until clear. Also helped 2 people who were off the road get back on...

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    BE CAREFUL ON THE ROADS.

A cop came through an intersection ahead of me with his lights on about an hour ago, and because I'm not an idiot, I moved over well ahead of time when I saw him. Person behind me did not, someone on the other side didn't move over, and the cop lost it trying to thread the needle and hit the car behind me head on.

We took that as an omen to go home and not go back on the roads until clear. Also helped 2 people who were off the road get back on...
    Where were you at?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Below is the reason I didn't even mention tonneau covers, I was talking to JEDI. Those would work, as would a bed cap.

Thank you!

@Jedi. With everything your describing I think your best option is a 1500 truck(1/2 ton). IMO they are way easier to load, can haul a wider variety of things, plus if haul anything that spills or smells bad your cab won't reek like it. If you want to fit your family in it or are worried about locking things up, look at quad cabs( trucks with 4 doors) the back seats fold up. When I go shooting or I have to go to a bunch of different stores, fold up the back seats put the platform down, and I have a huge storage area that locks up.

If your worried about gas mileage the make V-6 1500 trucks, but your towing goes down. The newer V-8 1500's get pretty good gas mileage. But IMO if your buying a full size truck gas mileage is not the main concern, they are 4600lbs or more vehicles they're not going to be super fuel efficient.

Now see this is an answer Jedi can understand.
    I started to read bob's post but it got to be :blahblah: something about torque, friction, etc...
    Based on Black Label's reply it's almost as if I need 2 vehicles. Some beater up small gas saver to go to/from the train station each day just big enough for me and my BOB. And another one for
    - meet & shoots
    - moving my snowblower to clean parents and sister's house
    - maybe taking riding mover from parents to sister's house

However, with the kind of winter we've had this year, I don't know if this wouldn't be the better option (his and her's Polar Specials):

Arctic_Trucks-Toyota_Hilux_mp912_pic_61474.jpg

Jedi, you could check and see if they will make you a Meet and Shoot Tundra version of the Tundra Fishing Team truck. (I would take an "Appleseed" or "Goin' Shootin" version)

tundra-fishing-bed.jpg

I like the concept but it's not in PINK!
    Plus where is the grill for cooking in that thing?
    All that stuff it should come with one of these to help me out
    asian_maid.jpg

:)

TundraFishing002.jpg

The concept is nice but overkill for what I need.
    No need to go off-road with it, nor pull someone out of anywhere (winch part).
    Just need something that can transport
    - a snowblower
    - a construction site generator
    - maybe a snowblower

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom