The_lego_movie_characters.png

It's the tall one in this figure

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I would like to see a more controlled (scientific) faceoff. That looked like it was set up (intentional or unintentional ... doesn't matter) for the VW to win (the truck appears to be in 2wd and no weight in the bed).

That second video ... :dunno:

I'm actually more impressed by this video ... Touareg in offroad action - YouTube

or this one ... VW Touareg Rock Climbing in Moab! - YouTube
    I've said before that the Touareg is one hell of an offroad vehicle. People who don't know, don't believe me. But people who know, know. But it is one amazing vehicle.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Danmdeveries, nice 686.... They are a nice revolver...

you guys that truck looks cool but I like to stroll around in the M113 APC when I need to have something more than my suburban to roll around in....

PMVS.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Those stupid ass preemployment tests where they ask you dumbass questions like "I work well with others" with answers ranging from "strongly disagree" to "strongly agree"

You'd think the "Correct" answers would be obvious, but they're not.

I think they kind of know if you're punching all the "right" answers. That probably works against you.

Jedi. A small car to get to the station, and a truck for moving stuff is great. But, then you have to pay more insurance and plates.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think they kind of know if you're punching all the "right" answers. That probably works against you.

Jedi. A small car to get to the station, and a truck for moving stuff is great. But, then you have to pay more insurance and plates.

Insurance perhaps but my car plates is ~ $33 a year for the intrepid. It's a 1997 car. :)
    Even if I get a new vehicle I'm not certain I want a 2014 or anything 2010+.
    Jedi is paranoid of all that 'electrical tracking' crap in the vehicles now-a-days.
    I would prefer an older car is possible.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Now see this is an answer Jedi can understand.
    I started to read bob's post but it got to be :blahblah: something about torque, friction, etc...
    Based on Black Label's reply it's almost as if I need 2 vehicles. Some beater up small gas saver to go to/from the train station each day just big enough for me and my BOB. And another one for
    - meet & shoots
    - moving my snowblower to clean parents and sister's house
    - maybe taking riding mover from parents to sister's

Does this reflect poorly on me that Jedi understood what I was saying? But in my defense I did JEDI it down a lot!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

The W12 was a joke when it was introduced, it was not an offroad version of the Touareg. BTW, those were street tires on that vehicle, so the driver was an idiot. That W12 engine is the same engine they were putting in a Bentley sedan it threw off the weight ratios too much, the interior was just as silly. And would you really expect a Chevy Suburban sized Hummer H2 to lose to a pint sized Touareg?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Taxes almost done. Just have to figure out what my wife god damn IL pin number is. I was sweatin it this year, almost ended up owing because we jumped a tax bracket. In the end I'm getting a bit back though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom