Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does this reflect poorly on me that Jedi understood what I was saying? But in my defense I did JEDI it down a lot!

Sure does. :)
    Now melensdad said nothing from GM yet you are saying 1500 truck is that not the GMC Sierra 1500 Pickup? :dunno:
    When I google 1500 truck that was the first link that came up.

It seemed kemps in Michigan city had quite a bit of rifle and pistol powder for sale. Sorry didn't look at prices.

:facepalm: what kind of 1/2 butt report is this!!!!
    Does he have AA2230 or AA2200 or WIN 748? Really looking for WIN 748.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Ugh, 2 days straight with the tn acting up pretty tough. Almost 3 weeks of flare ups. Only got a few hours sleep yesterday, then worked all night. Did ok at work, very minimal pain... But then 0900 right as I was about to lay down... Bammmm.

Hopefully the ibuprofen kicks in and helps take the edge off soon, or I may call off tonight. 2 days with little sleep, doesn't help me do my job.

I'm extremely irritated that I only got 6 months of little to no pain, when I'm used to going 1-2 years between flare ups.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My daughter's girl scout troop (16 girls) would like to get their riffle patch this year.
    No sure what the requirements are for this yet, the main troop mom is looking into getting the info.
    I told them I could probably secure a location, equipment and instructors for this year to do it.
    Apart from Larry has anyone done this? If so where? WINAMAC is a drive for them to do it but worse case we just do it there.
    Was thinking perhaps NPCCC or one of the Izzak Waltons perhaps make it a girl scout/boy scout day and have various chapters attend.
    Yes... Yes... I know I already have the YOUTH DAY planning at WINAMAC to handle. :rofl:

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Now melensdad said nothing from GM yet you are saying 1500 truck is that not the GMC Sierra 1500 Pickup? :dunno:
    When I google 1500 truck that was the first link that came up.

:facepalm: what kind of 1/2 butt report is this!!!!
    Does he have AA2230 or AA2200 or WIN 748? Really looking for WIN 748.

He said he only sells powder to thugs and rednecks in Laporte county.

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    You are truly clueless about this! 1500 just says that it is a half ton truck or a light duty truck, 1500 is just really a badge that says the truck can haul at least a half ton of weight in the bed. If your going to google trucks search using (half ton)not 1500.

Dodge,Chevy,and GMC use the 1500 badge.
    Ford uses the F-150 badge.
    Dont know what badges the Toyota or Nissan use.

As for getting a car to drive back and forth to work then a truck for hauling, seems silly to me, I mean how far are you really driving to the train station,is it 30 miles or more? Your going to have maintenance on 2 vehicles, plates, insurance,etc and taking up room at your pink thug lair. If your just using it to haul the snowblower, lawn mower, generator, and maybe the occasional light load, and not pulling a moderately heavy trailer, I would look at full size V-6 trucks, and if your not planning on hauling the family around in it, get a regular cab(2 door truck) and a locking tonneau cover.

As for buying used versus new, I would lean more towards the newer side, if not brand new at least 2010 up, that seems to be where everyone started making the trucks more fuel efficient and with a little better suspensions. I was always one to buy very low mileage used trucks, seemed stupid to me to buy brand new, then having it be worth less then I paid for it as soon as I drove off the lot. But the prices on used trucks have stayed pretty high, I actually paid less for my new 2014 RAM, then I would have for a for a 2012 used with 30,000 plus miles, I looked online and went to several dealerships. But this is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My daughter's girl scout troop (16 girls) would like to get their riffle patch this year.
    No sure what the requirements are for this yet, the main troop mom is looking into getting the info.
    I told them I could probably secure a location, equipment and instructors for this year to do it.
    Apart from Larry has anyone done this? If so where? WINAMAC is a drive for them to do it but worse case we just do it there.
    Was thinking perhaps NPCCC or one of the Izzak Waltons perhaps make it a girl scout/boy scout day and have various chapters attend.
    Yes... Yes... I know I already have the YOUTH DAY planning at WINAMAC to handle. :rofl:

I didn't know girl scouts had a rifle badge.
    Tried looking online, but I'm on a cell, and its too hard.
    I volunteer to help, if you need it. Have bolt action and 10/22.
    But, you not only need to find requirements, but also does the instructor(s) have to be certified.
    Boy scout counselors have to be registered.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    When I google 1500 truck that was the first link that came up...
    1500 is a generic term applied to 1/2 ton pick up trucks.

The base range trucks are all considered to be "1500"
    Ford F-150 is a 1500
    Dodge/Ram is a 1500
    Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierras are 1500

Until you go up to the next size (weight rating), then they are all generically 2500.

Until you go up to the next size (weight rating) after that, then those are generically 3500.

etc

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You are truly clueless about this! 1500 just says that it is a half ton truck or a light duty truck, 1500 is just really a badge that says the truck can haul at least a half ton of weight in the bed. If your going to google trucks search using (half ton)not 1500.

Dodge,Chevy,and GMC use the 1500 badge.
    Ford uses the F-150 badge.
    Dont know what badges the Toyota or Nissan use.

As for getting a car to drive back and forth to work then a truck for hauling, seems silly to me, I mean how far are you really driving to the train station,is it 30 miles or more? Your going to have maintenance on 2 vehicles, plates, insurance,etc and taking up room at your pink thug lair. If your just using it to haul the snowblower, lawn mower, generator, and maybe the occasional light load, and not pulling a moderately heavy trailer, I would look at full size V-6 trucks, and if your not planning on hauling the family around in it, get a regular cab(2 door truck) and a locking tonneau cover.

As for buying used versus new, I would lean more towards the newer side, if not brand new at least 2010 up, that seems to be where everyone started making the trucks more fuel efficient and with a little better suspensions. I was always one to buy very low mileage used trucks, seemed stupid to me to buy brand new, then having it be worth less then I paid for it as soon as I drove off the lot. But the prices on used trucks have stayed pretty high, I actually paid less for my new 2014 RAM, then I would have for a for a 2012 used with 30,000 plus miles, I looked online and went to several dealerships. But this is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions!

Thanks for the info. Yes I'm vehicle clueless. PCs, networks, cellphones (non apples) is my realm.
    Vehciles meh...

I didn't know girl scouts had a rifle badge.
    Tried looking online, but I'm on a cell, and its too hard.
    I volunteer to help, if you need it. Have bolt action and 10/22.
    But, you not only need to find requirements, but also does the instructor(s) have to be certified.
    Boy scout counselors have to be registered.

No idea will have to get back once the mamma hen knows what we need.
    Oh you already had volunteered in my mind. :rofl:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom