• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Nisource is always looking for weird administrative stuff as well. A lot of it is out of state but there are plenty engineering and supervisor jobs that come down locally.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Not to mention, why limit to secretarial?
    You could run a crane, a forklift, or a piece of machinery.
    Good pay. And women make the same as a man.
    Pension vested in 2 years. Granted, not much at 2, but still vested.
    401k. Your money only, company pays admin fees.
    Decent benefits.

Not limiting myself at all, but those jobs require experience that I don't have. In the online application, it asks you point blank "do you have at least 5 years experience operating a forklift?", and if you say no, it doesn't let you continue. If you say yes, you're lying about basic information that is right there (or not there) in your resume. The human element has been removed from the hiring process. I would love to walk in to an HR director and say "If you give me a chance, I can do this job and do it well." They won't even take walk-ins.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I'm glad after all these years of taking tests and interviews for the Mills that none of them actually went through.

I talked to a guy a little bit older who now does alot of out of state work. What he basically said nailed it right in the head.. It was something along the lines of 'Yea, you live in nwi, you went to school for a trade, realized it isn't really what you desire, you've been applying everywhere and chances are you'll end up at a mill like everyone else. Making great money, losing alot of friends and alot of time with family'....

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Nisource is always looking for weird administrative stuff as well. A lot of it is out of state but there are plenty engineering and supervisor jobs that come down locally.

Yeah, I've applied for a couple of positions there. They have an admin. asst. position posted there now. I won't stop trying, but I think I'm too old and too overqualified for most places to consider me. Hell, I put in an app at Aldi a couple of days ago, and I doubt they will call me.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    @ snapdragon

Keep trying I'm sure something will come along soon.

@ clif45

You still reading meters or did you catch a bid yet. They keep talking they want to and more people to construction dept.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    225250.strip.gif

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    @sc sorry to hear that. I bought a lower online from them. When I went to pick it up, I felt like I was being belittled because of the brand nobody heard of. Then they went on showing how little they knew about nfa. Its like walking into a gun store, I just am prepared to get talked down to. I don't know what it is. Griffith I got a great deal on a gun, but I think the guy screwed up. If I knew a good ffl, I would buy everything online.

I have been in talks with The Drakes Camo Customs to do $10 INGO transfers.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I want to get out of my current job. They recently changed the pay and I lose like $2400 a year. I also hate being inside all day and dealing with people. I've been looking into getting an apprenticeship with some local trades union. I've been looking into the carpenters union in Hobart. Does anyone know of any good trades to be in? Or where should I start?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I have 10 Pmags: 5 bnib windowed gen 2, 1 bnib gen 2, three out of package, but never used gen 2, and one used OD green gen1 pmag. 9 are black, all are 30rd.

I have 2 Scar 16's so I can't use any of them and I don't feel like having to modify them.

I would like to trade for 7 black or tan 30rd Lancer AWM's, or 5 Translucent Smoke Lancer AWM's 30rds

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I want to get out of my current job. They recently changed the pay and I lose like $2400 a year. I also hate being inside all day and dealing with people. I've been looking into getting an apprenticeship with some local trades union. I've been looking into the carpenters union in Hobart. Does anyone know of any good trades to be in? Or where should I start?

What is your current job? Maybe I'll take it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom