• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I bought my sons Crickett from South County Guns. It seemed to me that he's just a Davidson dealer, but I could be wrong on that. Price was a tad high at $130, but I felt like supporting an upstart local shop at that time. Haven't been down there in awhile, but the guys were really nice, and I even ended up helping him sell a shotgun to a couple that were looking and asking questions.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I bought my sons Crickett from South County Guns. It seemed to me that he's just a Davidson dealer, but I could be wrong on that. Price was a tad high at $130, but I felt like supporting an upstart local shop at that time. Haven't been down there in awhile, but the guys were really nice, and I even ended up helping him sell a shotgun to a couple that were looking and asking questions.

Crickets are guns that are literally not worth having in a shop, they are guns that if you want to make 18% on, takes the price to 140 bucks, and if you want to compete with walmart you literally make 5-10 bucks which barely covers shipping.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    If I was young and looking to get a start in the trades I think the most growth and stability will be in welding, and as an electrician. With security systems, sound systems, and all the increases in electronics I believe electricians will be in greater demand. Plumbers always seem to have work as commercial places always seem to be retrofitting. I think carpenters are generally speaking more easily replaced with less skilled workers making less money. I know lots and lots of tradesmen, the plumbers and electricians seem to have the most job stability. I think there will be more job stability in NWI than in Chicago in the coming years and would look at joining an Indiana union.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Crickets are guns that are literally not worth having in a shop, they are guns that if you want to make 18% on, takes the price to 140 bucks, and if you want to compete with walmart you literally make 5-10 bucks which barely covers shipping.
    Except for developing future customers.
    The kid that gets a cricket, is later going to need a 10/22. And ammo.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Past 11 and the beer garden is louder then the band was. Some people have to wakeup and pay a half days earnings in taxes.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    If I was young and looking to get a start in the trades I think the most growth and stability will be in welding, and as an electrician. With security systems, sound systems, and all the increases in electronics I believe electricians will be in greater demand. Plumbers always seem to have work as commercial places always seem to be retrofitting. I think carpenters are generally speaking more easily replaced with less skilled workers making less money. I know lots and lots of tradesmen, the plumbers and electricians seem to have the most job stability. I think there will be more job stability in NWI than in Chicago in the coming years and would look at joining an Indiana union.
    Thanks for that. I could probably make it as an electrician.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Except for developing future customers.
    The kid that gets a cricket, is later going to need a 10/22. And ammo.

I still don't think they are worth it, but I also think if a kid needs a real gun that small, they are to young to be shooting or to have proper grasp of the four rules. Generally by the time they can hold a youth model Ruger 10/22, they in general seem to be able to grasp the rules a lot better. But back to my original statement, the Cricket is not worth having.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom