• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I want to get out of my current job. They recently changed the pay and I lose like $2400 a year. I also hate being inside all day and dealing with people. I've been looking into getting an apprenticeship with some local trades union. I've been looking into the carpenters union in Hobart. Does anyone know of any good trades to be in? Or where should I start?

I took a $2000 a MONTH pay cut in March, so I feel your pain. Look into the pipefitters and operating engineers. If you can get some welding classes it'll put you ahead of the game with the pipefitters.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I took a $2000 a MONTH pay cut in March, so I feel your pain. Look into the pipefitters and operating engineers. If you can get some welding classes it'll put you ahead of the game with the pipefitters.
    My old lady's brother is a pipefitter and I would rather go my own direction. Plus the hall is in the republic of IL and I want to try and stick with an Indiana Union.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This morning, someone let me know Shererville Walmart had Remington Golden 225 rnds of .22 for $11.17, limit 3.
    There was 10 boxes left.

Sorry for being late getting the info out.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    @ snapdragon

Keep trying I'm sure something will come along soon.

@ clif45

You still reading meters or did you catch a bid yet. They keep talking they want to and more people to construction dept.

HA! At this rate I will still be in gary for another year. The temps caught a bunch of bids to chem tech and custodian, but those of us around two years aren't seeing much roll our way. A guy from crown point who hired in 6 months ahead of me took a helper bid and that was about as close as anything has came to me. It is getting depressing. Was hoping to get one of the metermen jobs with school, but they never would bump my school up. All the welding bids keep getting cancelled.

@snapdragon I think I put in around 47 apps in for various positions here over a few years before I got a call...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    HA! At this rate I will still be in gary for another year. The temps caught a bunch of bids to chem tech and custodian, but those of us around two years aren't seeing much roll our way. A guy from crown point who hired in 6 months ahead of me took a helper bid and that was about as close as anything has came to me. It is getting depressing. Was hoping to get one of the metermen jobs with school, but they never would bump my school up. All the welding bids keep getting cancelled.

@snapdragon I think I put in around 47 apps in for various positions here over a few years before I got a call...

I think I've put in 47 apps in the past week. :faint: Got a call today on one, but it was only to say that they were moving my resume forward on a $10 an hour job. I'll take it if they offer it to me, though. It would be a foot in the door into the social services/healthcare arena.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom