• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Job seeking now is a real PITA and frustrating. My wife is looking for a new position. She had a phone interview and in person interview with a company. She felt pretty good about the position and getting the job. It has been one month and she has not heard anything back from them at all. So that is pretty much a write off. I find that type business very unprofessional. How long does it take to compose and email or letter says thanks but we filed the position. It's getting more and more impersonal as time goes on. I am about seven years away from retirement, God willing. And I sure hope I don't have to look for another job. I am very happy where I am at now.
    Depending upon the company and job opening, they may not have finished the first round of interviews in that time frame.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Depending upon the company and job opening, they may not have finished the first round of interviews in that time frame.
    This^ Plus, just because they posted the job doesn't mean the have gotten through all the internal red tape. Finance, HR, etc. will get in the way of getting people hired.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    OK, Located in Valpo and am tired of paying through the nose for AT&T wireless. We currently have the Family Plan with 5 phones, of which 3 are grandfathered in for unlimited data... Anyone have any suggestions as to alternatives and why... (Cost, service area, better data plans etc.)
    At the very least I might be able to beat up on AT&T to give me a break... been customers for probably 10 years but I think it is time to look around again. Any thoughts?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Don't know how it compares to what you're paying, but I have Virgin Mobile... 300 minutes plus unlimited text and internet for $35 month.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Oh and By the way, stepping out for a little tree shade on this beautiful day to enjoy an Acid Blonde... courtesy of buddy Bob, who has not yet learned to appreciate the simple evil pleasures of Grapes....

cYC2Nflf_8MRHbGuG_cYvtOZDmyB_NExoNW8pLuZKFU=w155-h207-p-no

Thanks, MelensDad, (and Jeff from VSSI)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Wow melensdad is doing actual, physical labor!
    Pics or it didn't happen.

I even had to wipe sweat from my brow!

But damn, I do good work!
    We now have humidified cigar lockers available for rent at da Clubhouse. :rockwoot:

Tony bought a set of humidor lockers but they were designed to be used inside a humidor. Our humidor is not big enough for the locker unit (whole unit 6' tall, 6' wide with about 24 small lockers) so I built a false back on the lockers, cut out a humidifier access, and we now have a freestanding set of lockers. Customers can now store their cigars at da Clubhouse, keep a private stash of alcohol, and other legal items for their convenience.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Oh and By the way, stepping out for a little tree shade on this beautiful day to enjoy an Acid Blonde... courtesy of buddy Bob, who has not yet learned to appreciate the simple evil pleasures of Grapes....

cYC2Nflf_8MRHbGuG_cYvtOZDmyB_NExoNW8pLuZKFU=w155-h207-p-no

Thanks, MelensDad, (and Jeff from VSSI)

Well I recommended the Blondie. I sure as hell wasn't going to send him out there with any of those watermelon, pineapple, peach or grape cigarillos that you pretend are cee-gars.

You may want to come to the DREW ESTATES event this Thursday. Drew Estates makes the BLONDIE and other assorted popurri flavored cigars. But they also make the totally awesome coffee and cappuccino flavored Tabac Especial Negra and Dulce cigars too!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No T. Self tooled and schooled...

Training.... Ain't nobody got time for dat

As I suspected. Sometimes I regret not going to diesel mechanic school like my dad suggested...but I probably would've gone for semi's, and well, I'm way to little to be trying to haul some of that stuff around.

:facepalm:
    I read CTC's message as "Note to Self" for this "No T. Self " and was like :dunno: and figured it was just CTC being a redneck and speaking CTC stuff. :rofl:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Ugh, have been to bed yet, and gotta wake up at 8 to leave by 9 to get to work early enough to shower. Although this Friday I'll have the cash to pay off my 401k loan, so I can take out a new loan to fix my well, pay off the IRS and the state of Indiana, a few remaining creditors and my credit cards. Then the only thing I'll owe is my house, truck and myself (401k).

The weight ain't off my shoulders yet, but it just got a whole lot lighter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom