• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    You should ask for a grape cigar. I hear they are all the rage.

Way to follow the rules. I never seen, only heard of an XT22/45. One or two have been in the classifieds lately. Is it functioning correctly now?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    In sheepdog, actually the 1911 shouldn't discharge with the hammer following the slide after the first discharge. I know this from experience and wont explain but there shouldn't be enough inertia because the hammer is riding the slide down. As to the malfunction I would look at the disconnection.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    In sheepdog, actually the 1911 shouldn't discharge with the hammer following the slide after the first discharge. I know this from experience and wont explain but there shouldn't be enough inertia because the hammer is riding the slide down. As to the malfunction I would look at the disconnection.
    > I < am not going to be looking at anything including the disconnect... Warranty is what warranty is... I only bought this in November... going back to RIA. :dunno:when it will be back...

As to multiple rounds, that is "nice" to know, but I gotta tell you, ONE .45 going off spewing dirt and gravel is more than enough for me!!!!
    Also called and left a voice mail at RIA... needless to say I am NOT plussed by their Customer support... Service we will have to see.

As to the Combo gun itself, it switches over fairly easy except for the backstrap with the different spring for the .22. bit of a hassle, but overall I really liked it up until yesterday....
    As I said, being under a 2000 number serial number, it MAY actually be a design flaw, but I have at least asked for a full report on the repair...

(BTW, No delicious Grape Cigars were harmed as a means to create this posting... )

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You should ask for a grape cigar.

We also have pineapple, watermelon and a bunch of other distasteful pieces of debris that are sold as cigars. I'm sure IN Sheepdip will love them.

They are indeed, except the Nasty and Extraordinary Larry.

We discontinued Nasty, because it was.

And yes, stay away from the Extraordinary Larry. Its a wonderful cigar, but big and bold it is.

Its just because he doesn't have an alley.

I saw that old white guy today, but he looked busy so I let him be to create more jobs n pay more taxes.
    I actually had to work today. WTF!?!

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Went to the beach today with the wife. She spent five minutes in the water and then wanted to lay out in the sun. I said that we could have stayed home and she could have laid out in the back yard.
    Another day, another lost argument.
    I need a cigar, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Went to the beach today with the wife. She spent five minutes in the water and then wanted to lay out in the sun. I said that we could have stayed home and she could have laid out in the back yard.

Why would anyone want to be out in this weather on purpose? :faint:

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I ended up getting a Foundry as recommended by Alex the gentleman behind the counter. Can't remember his INGO name.. He also gave me tips on how to cut it for the best draw. It was pretty good and got better as it burned more.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I ended up getting a Foundry as recommended by Alex the gentleman behind the counter. Can't remember his INGO name.. He also gave me tips on how to cut it for the best draw. It was pretty good and got better as it burned more.

Are you the young guy who was sitting in the main lounge area when I left today? Sorry we didn't get to meet, I was actually busy all morning and up to about 1 or so, then I just sat up at the game table talking to the guys who were sitting by the window.

Alex is "Designer Guy" (or something like that) and has a degree in industrial design, hence the screen name. He's been interviewing (3 so far?) with GM for a job now that he is done with college.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Foundry cigars are pretty good in my experience. Definitely a cigar I have gotten more than twice, but you really should have tried the Acid Kuba Kuba.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    Are you the young guy who was sitting in the main lounge area when I left today? Sorry we didn't get to meet, I was actually busy all morning and up to about 1 or so, then I just sat up at the game table talking to the guys who were sitting by the window.

Alex is "Designer Guy" (or something like that) and has a degree in industrial design, hence the screen name. He's been interviewing (3 so far?) with GM for a job now that he is done with college.
    Yeah that'd be me. You looked like you were a bit busy working. You have a real nice lounge area. I thoroughly enjoyed the cigar.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    Foundry cigars are pretty good in my experience. Definitely a cigar I have gotten more than twice, but you really should have tried the Acid Kuba Kuba.
    When i spoke with Alex that you recommended Acid he told me that some cigar smokers don't really like the smell of Acid cigars because they apparently smell like burning potpourri.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    When i spoke with Alex that you recommended Acid he told me that some cigar smokers don't really like the smell of Acid cigars because they apparently smell like burning potpourri.

Bob you have ruined that poor boy named Alex. If Jesus could only smoke one cigar at a time that had to both taste good and smell good, it would be an Acid.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And bill helped me get some leaves off the pool.

Why would anyone want to be out in this weather on purpose? :faint:

To get stuff done.

Wow. Been working all day (my day off).
    Just got the pool cover off, what a trip that was.
    The pool is very icky. I'm bringing it up to the top, then I'm gonna have to vacuum it straight out to the yard, instead of the filter.

And I started removing paint and attachments from my trailer.
    Busy
    Busy.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I beg to differ. Copied from Radio Reference signal codes for the State of Indiana.

100 Emergency - Urgent Traffic Only

Meaning, NO radio traffic unless urgent until lifted. Police use this when entering a residence and NEED silence.

Every area has a different meaning. 12 years in the fire service and an old fire chief.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom