• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    And bill helped me get some leaves off the pool.

To get stuff done.

Wow. Been working all day (my day off).
    Just got the pool cover off, what a trip that was.
    The pool is very icky. I'm bringing it up to the top, then I'm gonna have to vacuum it straight out to the yard, instead of the filter.

And I started removing paint and attachments from my trailer.
    Busy
    Busy.

Almost time to get the Christmas lights out again.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I seriously need a job. I've got two degrees and can't get a $10 an hour job. If anybody knows anyplace that's hiring in south Lake county, let me know.

I've got mad skillz in math, English, and computers, I'm good with tools and people (and people who are tools).

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I seriously need a job. I've got two degrees and can't get a $10 an hour job. If anybody knows anyplace that's hiring in south Lake county, let me know.

I've got mad skillz in math, English, and computers, I'm good with tools and people (and people who are tools).

Try a hospital. Get your resume in with HR. I don't know anything about hospitals in IN, but usually you can get your foot in the door as an admitting clerk or something.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Try a hospital. Get your resume in with HR. I don't know anything about hospitals in IN, but usually you can get your foot in the door as an admitting clerk or something.

Yeah, that's where I've been focusing since one of my degrees is in Health Care Administration. I had two interviews and a computer/keyboarding test for one position at St. Anthony over a month ago, and they have not filled it yet. It's getting frustrating.

One thing that makes job-seeking more difficult now is that nearly everyplace has a careers website for their company, and they will not even look at your resume unless you have applied for an available position on the website.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah, that's where I've been focusing since one of my degrees is in Health Care Administration. I had two interviews and a computer/keyboarding test for one position at St. Anthony over a month ago, and they have not filled it yet. It's getting frustrating.

One thing that makes job-seeking more difficult now is that nearly everyplace has a careers website for their company, and they will not even look at your resume unless you have applied for an available position on the website.

All I can say is follow up with HR. They do look at some of the resumes that are not for a specific job selection, I would say especially if they see a degree in Health Care Administration.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage

Job seeking now is a real PITA and frustrating. My wife is looking for a new position. She had a phone interview and in person interview with a company. She felt pretty good about the position and getting the job. It has been one month and she has not heard anything back from them at all. So that is pretty much a write off. I find that type business very unprofessional. How long does it take to compose and email or letter says thanks but we filed the position. It's getting more and more impersonal as time goes on. I am about seven years away from retirement, God willing. And I sure hope I don't have to look for another job. I am very happy where I am at now.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yep. Indeed, Monster, Careerbuilder, Glassdoor, and a few more that I can't remember. I get about 20 emails from job sites every day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom