• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    ya that has been what has made me hesitate buying them in the past. I like the consistent trigger pull and overall design but that really isn't a safety putting a lever in the middle of the trigger.... No second guessing with a Glock.... I've always loved my 1911A1's I only moved away from them because of shear expense to feed them. Otherwise they are the perfect pistol design. And as most of you know I really do love my revolvers....... I like my guns like my women, all round and curvy... LOL.... The Glock has a solid following and after market line and it does work..... but it does have it's short comings too...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Your going to miss some heart throbbing experience... just saying....

Sooooo maybe I need to just add another Beretta 92 to the mix..... Found a Keltec sub2000 that uses Beretta 92 mags.....

Soooo many decisions....

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I like the aftermarket for glocks. Trigger jobs for $30, all kinds of springs that can be swapped, barrels, and even external safeties I've come to learn.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I wish glocks had an external safety. They are great, but I want a safety on my carry gun.
    For your sake i hope you aren't serious... When looking for my carry gun, an external safety was a BIG no-go. God forbid I ever have to use my pistol, I want the least amount of possible intrusions between unholstering and BANG as possible. I don't want to have to worry about fumbling with a safety that might have accidentaly engaged for whatever reason. I don't understand why you would need an external safety on a carry pistol. That's what turned me off to a bunch of probably phenomenal carry guns because they weren't available without external safeties.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    When I was carrying my 1911A1 and had to get it out in a hurry while working security work it was all one motion to push the grip safety in and drop the slide safety down before having to possibly use it. When I went to the Beretta 92 I didn't feel as bad about the lack of a safety engaged on te gun while carrying it as the long double action first shot was enough motion to go through before discharging that I felt it was safe enough for me to know it was going to go off before it discharged with all that motion.... te same thing I feel when using a revolver. The problem with no real safety and a short light crisp trigger pull on a carry gun I believe is the fudge factor in everyday carry which is one of the reasons I really never looked at them in the past... When I have pulled my carry weapon in the past on a couple incidents it was all motor skills that were practiced over and over again with the background thought that I had to get it on target quickly because underneath you are just saying oh **** I need it now.... Just saying...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'll just leave this here...... but you all have seen it before...

[video=youtube;am-Qdx6vky0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom