• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Muffler blew off my 12kw tri-fuel generator today.

I let it cool off and reattached the muffler. While it was cooling down I checked the oil (clean & full), pulled the air filter . . . and there was oil that blew up through the carburetor into the air filter? It runs, badly. Sounds like an old "hit & miss" engine. Valve head shot? That is the theory.

Called my buddy Chuck, who is INGO member IL CAVEMAN, he is having his guys show up at my house about 8am tomorrow morning with a brand spanking new 17kw Generac Natural Gas auto-start generator.
    Do you have an ATS or do you have a panel you will power with it?

We got a 20Kw Generac a couple of years ago with an ATS. It is great. Runs everything we have.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We've never regretted getting ours.

My current (dead) generator is about 17 years old. I put it in before they came out with the "auto-transfers" switches. So while mine is hooked up to the natural gas line, I have to flip 1 switch and turn 1 key to start it up. I'm looking forward to having an automatic unit. I just didn't see the need to spend the money for as long as my current unit worked.

Do you have an ATS or do you have a panel you will power with it?

We got a 20Kw Generac a couple of years ago with an ATS. It is great. Runs everything we have.
    Manual transfer switch currently.

New one will have the automatic transfer switch.

I actually wanted a 20kw Liquid Cooled unit, but my buddy had 1 of the 17kw units left in stock (they are discontinued) and I'm getting it at his cost. He's also not charging me to install it. I'd have to order the 20kw Liquid Cooled unit, couldn't get it installed tomorrow morning, and it would be about double the price I'm paying.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    As for power issue no clue what you guys are talking about.
    Jedi had heavy rain last night but that was it.
    Got up a few branches in the front yard and nothing else.

My sister's brother in law's house in hobart is sadly underwater. His basement is fully flooded and it got to the 1st floor as well. Sump pump died as did the power.
    Which makes Jedi think jedi should STOP pressing his luck and get a battery backup sump pump installed as well once and for all.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Now I'll leave you with these PINK girls while I shower and get ready for work tomorrow as well.
    Hopefully the *** train is not 45 mins late like it was this morning.
    :xmad:
    The-Pink-Girls-fantasy-wallpapers-1730062-800-600.jpg

and GG, PINKDragon and LadyGhost here you go...
    chippendales.jpg

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Jedi. check out post #9922 in this thread and tell me if this is true? He knew you. TJ Kackowski, an Appleseed instructor.

Last edited:

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Muffler blew off my 12kw tri-fuel generator today.

I let it cool off and reattached the muffler. While it was cooling down I checked the oil (clean & full), pulled the air filter . . . and there was oil that blew up through the carburetor into the air filter? It runs, badly. Sounds like an old "hit & miss" engine. Valve head shot? That is the theory.

Called my buddy Chuck, who is INGO member IL CAVEMAN, he is having his guys show up at my house about 8am tomorrow morning with a brand spanking new 17kw Generac Natural Gas auto-start generator.
    Thats what he recommended for me too but we already pissed away.....err ahh paid for a family trip to Disney, so it will have to wait. Thanks btw Bob, he is dirt cheap too. :thumbsup:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Hmmmmm. The thought of Crotchless knitted pink man thongs is what came immediately to mind. That is both deeply disturbing and slightly arousing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi. Who do you know who calls you a "Lazy Pinkie Pie Dude"? Appleseed in Lake Village, IN. ?

Again c.larry no idea. Sadly more people know me then i know them.
    Is this person a ingo member?
    The guy who owns the property at lake v?
    Our the honorary member from the south who goes to lake village appleseed and brings donuts?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It only takes one in the grid. We were without power once for 24 hours because someone took out a pole 4 miles from us.

I think my record is 7 or 9 days.
    I lose power ALL THE TIME.

Power. OK gfys

Generator, don't need a big one. I have a 4400 watt does ok.

A full day without Jedi?

It like a holiday for all of us :rockwoot:

As for power issue no clue what you guys are talking about.
    Jedi had heavy rain last night but that was it.
    Got up a few branches in the front yard and nothing else.

My sister's brother in law's house in hobart is sadly underwater. His basement is fully flooded and it got to the 1st floor as well. Sump pump died as did the power.
    Which makes Jedi think jedi should STOP pressing his luck and get a battery backup sump pump installed as well once and for all.

See, it's like the old wives tail about the devil. When you say his name, he appears.
    Also, those battery backups only last so long. They might be good to tide you over while you're at work.
    Buy, GENERATOR.

Hmmmmm. The thought of Crotchless knitted pink man thongs is what came immediately to mind. That is both deeply disturbing and slightly arousing.

:wrongdoor:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have gas whole house geny 17.5kw but would rather use battery sump first before getting that out.
    Putting that out means i have to chain it, pad lock the back and armed guard it as well.
    Too many genys stolen here in the area last time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have gas whole house geny 17.5kw but would rather use battery sump first before getting that out.
    Putting that out means i have to chain it, pad lock the back and armed guard it as well.
    Too many genys stolen here in the area last time.

Sink rods into concrete.
    WELD geny to rods.
    Motion light, and security camera.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Again c.larry no idea. Sadly more people know me then i know them.
    Is this person a ingo member?
    The guy who owns the property at lake v?
    Our the honorary member from the south who goes to lake village appleseed and brings donuts?
    Bonehead. It is the guy that owns the property where we attended the Appleseed.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I do have a concrete pad with rods for the geny. Chains x 2 goo thru rods with pad locks and thru the geny.
    Do have lights in back yard as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom