• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So what is the big deal with this storm.

Much ado about nothing!

Ditto.

Apparently the 'first wave' of the storm last night high north Lake county pretty hard.

The 'second wave' of the storm, the one that came through around 10pm(?) hit farther south. We have no power where I live.

Generator worked great last night. Turned it off for over-night. Started up great this morning and worked for about 90 min. Then the muffler blew off! I let it cool down and reinstalled the muffler. Runs like crap now. It also had oil blow up into the air filter!!! I can limp it along until NIPSCO gets us power again.

Thing is 17 years old, guess I got my money's worth.
    You upset the gods and now you are paying. :nono:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We never lost power, but if we had, we have a NG backup generator.

Next door neighbor had a huge chunk of his maple tree bounce off his roof, but no damage.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I was walking the dog when the first wave started to move in. Went from walking the dog to running the dog back to the house. Did not lose power. What truly amazed me was the Dish went out once. Then came back on and stayed on thru both storms. Used to be if was just a tad windy the thing would lose signal. Must have made some upgrades.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    So I come home last night at 2am to a house without power. I had no idea there were storms because I work in Il, in an area that barely got drizzles. I try to take a shower before bed, turn the handle, and the stem snaps right off. So now I have an uncontrolled fountain in my bathroom. I run to turn the water off in the basement and the valve is rusted open. So now the main is shut off and I still have no power. And to top it all off, if the power doesn't come back on today, I'm going to lose most of the food that I bought for the 4th.

Rant over.

Pilot

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Can anyone confirm if the ambulance center on Route 10 in Lake village provides back up Gen Power for the grid on that side of the street? Or give me the name of the ambulance center

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom