• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sad thing is that people don't understand how destructive cats are in the wild.

Want to be an old cat lady and keep dozens in your home; well more power to those crazy old ladies. But the farmers who 'keep a barn cat' have quite literally destroyed their local eco-system and that is what the dairy farmers in Wisconsin have proved and now are living to regret. Go deer hunting in Wisconsin and its likely that you will be walking the woods with feral cats. Try to find native game birds in Wisconsin like the little Timberdoodle (woodcock), quail or pheasants ... probably not going to happen.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Up here in East Chicago, Hammond, and Gary I don't think it hurts anything to have a few more cats loose as everything is pretty much dead anyways from the mills and other environmental issues... Actually having the cats on the street keeps the mice and rats under control up here as that is all we got for wildlife... LOL...

Down near you guys it is probably a different situation but you got the coyotes wiping everything out anyways right....

The cat we have we saved from a farm owner years ago... he was a barn cat for the first 3 years of his life, raised with two chows outside all the time... He hasn't left the house except to go to the vet every once in a while... well actually he does like going out on the deck and sitting in the sun but he doesn't want to get left out there for long....

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My aunt Carol in Ohio doesn't have a pot to **** in, but she spends all of her money catching feral cats, having them spayed/neutered, and releasing them.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Escaped Lake County for the day... Shooting pics of the military vehicles on display in downtown Valpo.... and maybe some shooting later...

Thanks to the nice Compass Rose tractor/trailer this morning I almost didn't make it here... and why do these truck drivers that prefer to sleep while driving put these spike like lugs on their tires to try to tear up your side of your vehicle when they move into your lane...

Luckily he woke up before I had to get loud on his rearend....

Looking at storm clouds now in Valpo...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom