• Status
    Not open for further replies.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    You wont. July meet and shoot is "special" since the mods and fenway come to "inspect" DAPINKfather.
    As such a date is given for when they can make it, posted and away we go.
    We shoud have a date very soon.
    All i know right now is it is a saturday in july, most likey the 3rd one.

Except to see several mods, some idy ingo members, a few from southetn indana and off course Da PINKfather in all his pink gear.
    We might even have nei ingo members as well. July trends to see 70+ members
    Please say the 20th? Im already planning on shooting that morning and would be awesome to make it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Please say the 20th? Im already planning on shooting that morning and would be awesome to make it.

:nono: You did not read my post hu?
    It will be a SATURDAY in July since that is when the MODs can come up and still recover the following day from the road trip.
    I suspect it will be the 19th of JULY but should know for sure in the next 48 hours.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    NIGHT ALL
    I'll leave you with this "pink nightmare"
    ;)
    pink_nightmares__by_psychara-d4vj8wc.jpg

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I just got a email telling me the IW Diana chapter range is closed until further notice pending improvements. Does anyone else have more information?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    One thing I've learned is that most houses that were built with unfinished basements were never intended to have their basements finished. At least not finished in the sense that they are a perminant living area with bedrooms. If one decides to finish their basement be prepared to run HVAC to condition the area to avoid condensation and use materials that are easily replaced. Don't bother with lamanent flooring, get vinyl tile or cheap carpet. Throwback to the 70's with some el' cheap-o wood paneling. If you REALLY want to use drywall spring for the green "mold resistant" kind and use some cheap polystyrene foam for insulation. Don't bother with spray foam unless you intend to have your basement built like a submarine (pay the money to have a foundation expert to waterproof $$$).

If you intend to add a bedroom to your basement make sure you spend the coin on adding an emergency egress. It may not be required in your local building code, but if there's a fire the survivability of the occupants is greatly increased.

We are looking at this right now. I don't have sump pumps in either of my basements. I run a dehumidifier 24-7. I moved the dehumidifier to the new house Friday. With the storm yesterday, I got a bit of water in the old house. We bought a new 70 pint dehumidifier this morning. It's working.

What I need are gutters under the siding to move the driving rain away from the foundation.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Fyi - wanted to give you all first shot before I list.
    Selling my Like new Springfield XDm 5.25 (>100 rounds fired) with 8? Mags (6 brand new never loaded) and bladetech holster. Bought for competition but had another baby instead.

Also,I have an XDs .45 with 4 or 5 mags for sale too.

Both in original Springfield boxes.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    :nono: You did not read my post hu?
    It will be a SATURDAY in July since that is when the MODs can come up and still recover the following day from the road trip.
    I suspect it will be the 19th of JULY but should know for sure in the next 48 hours.
    No I didnt read ur post cause im a NWI Redneck. Remember, we can't read!

I cant commit to Saturdays due to I never know if ill have a Saturday off of work.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    We are looking at this right now. I don't have sump pumps in either of my basements. I run a dehumidifier 24-7. I moved the dehumidifier to the new house Friday. With the storm yesterday, I got a bit of water in the old house. We bought a new 70 pint dehumidifier this morning. It's working.

What I need are gutters under the siding to move the driving rain away from the foundation.

Along with the dehumidifier you should run a few fans over the wet spots. The dehumidifier removes moisture in the air it will eventually remove it from the floor/walls but only as fast as evaporation will allow and concrete takes forever to release moisture. By moving air over the surface of the concrete you drop the vapor pressure and pull the water into the air quicker, making the dehumidifier more efficient.

It's science, man.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I hate the fourth of July, and the weeks surrounding it. I'm going to have dogs barking constantly, jumping in my lap, and sleeping on top of me for the next month. Oh, and the best part is that they won't want to go out to potty because of all the boom booms going on, so they'll do it in the house. :rolleyes: Did I mention I hate the fourth of July?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom