• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm at about 9 acres, with 640' of road frontage. My neighbor 'claimed' part of my yard near the bottom of this satellite pic, but I had a surveyor come in and stake my property line so about 1/3 of "his" back yard has been reclaimed by me. Might be putting up a fence at some point, but right now there are rebar stakes running the property line :): There is a small creek on the north side in the woods (top of photo) and West Creek is a couple hundred feet to the west through a designated flood plane (left side of the photo).

The gravel driveway near the bottom of the photo leads to my workshop + guest apartment. The pool is between the workshop/apartment and the house. I have an asphalt drive leading up to the house that is a couple hundred feet up and partially obscured by trees. The asphalt drive on the very bottom of the photo is my neighbors drive and a corner of it by his house is actually about 6" over my property line.

ScreenShot2014-06-08at102902AM_zps75706f13.png

There is a light spot near the center of the photo, that is a shooting bench. You can't tell, but there is a 60' elevation drop from the road to the creek.

Last edited:

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    thats awesome. no issues here so far about claiming land. I do need to address a bardb wire fence thats runs the line. I have alot of riders and dont want someone getting caught up in that, it needs to go!

very nice setup you have. though you had way more land though

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I need more land... Or less. Either way. I'm right in the middle where it's hours of chores, but not big enough for dirtbikes/atv's/shooting other than .22s. Either need less land/less work or more land/more fun.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Amazing how much I can get done when I'm left alone.

Pumped out a 250 gallon diesel tank and transferred the fuel to my 500 gallon steel tank. Cut up a tree. Got dog food, garden supplies, kicked the dogs, etc.

Even had time to sit at the cigar lounge for a couple hours.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Well I'm back from Florida, having learned/re-learned a few things:

1) Florida weather is just awful
    2) Nature doesn't want people there, and is constantly trying to take it all back.
    3) because of reason 1 and 2, Disneyworld is a terrible place.

Did I miss anything while I was gone?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom