Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well I'm back from Florida, having learned/re-learned a few things:

1) Florida weather is just awful
    2) Nature doesn't want people there, and is constantly trying to take it all back.
    3) because of reason 1 and 2, Disneyworld is a terrible place.

Did I miss anything while I was gone?

[video=youtube_share;GlA35y0bGQc]http://youtu.be/GlA35y0bGQc[/video]

1) You did NOT listen to Jedi who told you go during off season when the weather is better
    2) You are and old, grumpy man who no longer believes and thus Disneyworld does not "mean" anything to you

But the important question did the little one enjoy it?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Sort of. Only reason we went is because we were in Florida already and got a free hotel stay and return flight. It was so hot that we stepped off the monorail into the sun and my eldest declared "too hot!" and ran for cover.

They liked some of the princesses and loved the rides, but man, what an awful place Florida is.

In better news, my wife got to see her first gator in the wild and I played golf on my birthday.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Nick, got time to come cut it into firewood size pieces? If so you can come take it. If you are experienced with a chainsaw I'll let you use mine to cut it. But I'm not cutting it into 18"-24" sections.

Otherwise it will be hauled to my burn pile in 6 to 10 foot pieces. I can pile up a bunch of 6 to 10' logs, branches, etc on the front loader and use the tractor to haul them back to the burn pile.

But seriously, if you want to do the work, you can have the wood. There are still the biggest sections in the woods, several of those will probably just stay there and rot. I'll only haul out the sections that are laying on another tree and causing it to lean.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Four Illinois motorcyclists arrested after high-speed chase : Cedar Lake Community

This stopped traffic on 41 behind the house (by the Jesus shrine thingy) for like an hour yesterday. I heard sirens, looked out the window, and saw a cop pull up in front of the driveway of the empty lot behind us. He got out and booked it on foot to the south towards 106th Pl.

Pulled my Benelli out and loaded up 5 rounds of 00 just to be safe Lol.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Applegarth in valpo, I'm not sure if he's Franciscan or not, but he does good work.
    Problem with Applegarth is that you are much more likely to see his Physicians Assistant than you are the dermatologist... Been there a couple times, and had kids there for different adolescent issues when they were younger and it seems that the Dr. was hard to find...
    Probably still charges the same for an "office visit" would be my suspicion...

He does have a pretty good rep in Valpo... the above is my main complaint...

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Sort of. Only reason we went is because we were in Florida already and got a free hotel stay and return flight. It was so hot that we stepped off the monorail into the sun and my eldest declared "too hot!" and ran for cover.

They liked some of the princesses and loved the rides, but man, what an awful place Florida is.

In better news, my wife got to see her first gator in the wild and I played golf on my birthday.

What did you miss... nothing... but we both know what your Wife missed... ha ha we will see her out for the next class I am sure... Florida weather from May to September plain sucks... and the bugs are Ginormous!!!! (yes Jedi, even the TICKS) :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom