Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    All I saw from Jedi was :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Paying that much for a model made of Legos is silly :):

We all have our downfalls so to speak.
    Thsoe sets are medium potatoes vs THE LEGO DEATH STAR!
    lego-death-star-300x247.jpg

This bad boy will set you back $399.99!

And once it retires (this year or next) that price is going to jump to $999.99 and higher and there will be a market for those sets brand new sealed in box.
    Just like the retired city sets have all jumped up in price as well. :(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @KLB
    Revealed!! Why LEGO Toys Are So Expensive

They look a lot like doll houses made out of legos. Call me when a giant mindstorms robot attacks the city.

Well Jedi's mindstorms are only used to control/automate the LEGO trains.
    You are correct THUG that the latest sets do look more and more like doll houses and Jedi suspects this is not going to go away nor is it by mistake.
    The boys have enough themse/sets of their own but by far LEGO FRIENDs is what is making The LEGO Company buckets of money right now and the fussion of that line with the town sets was bound to happen. Little girls need houses to put all those 'mini dolls' in and The LEGO Company is happy to provide one with sets for that to happen. :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    US41 is under construction just south of The Shrine of Christ's Passion/St John and the traffic is reduced to 1 lane south to the stoplight at 231. Coming north the traffic is reduced to 1 lane about 1/2 mile south of 231 and remains 1 lane up to the Shrine.

Looks like they may be doing work on the bridge that goes over the drainage creek that runs along the south side of The Shrine? Not really sure, they were moving the traffic barriers, painting lines, and doing some work off the side of the road when I passed through it (4 times) this morning.

Allow an extra 10 minutes to get through the intersection of 41/231 during heavy traffic times in the early morning, and probably after work.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    pothole related or getting ready for that new highway of yours?

Neither?

There are no potholes there.

Its MILES away from the future tollway.

There are a bunch of steel I Beams stacked on the east side of the road, my guess is those are going under the roadway to brace the road over the little creek??? But honestly I have no real insight into this project other than what I see when I drive through.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Fatal shooting at St. Mary's Church Parking Lot in Griffith

Fatal shooting at church parking lot in Griffith : Griffith Community News

School went into lock down mode as they still had students for CCD in the school.

----
    UPDATE

It was a lady that was shoot in the parking lot. Her daughter saw the shooting and ran back into the school and told the school "My mommy was shoot in the head" and that is when the school went into lock down mode. By the time police arrived the shooter was gone. Getting this info from a source at the school.

No word if the shooter knew the lady or was trying to steal the car or something else?

Last edited:

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I'm selling an '08 Honda CB250 Nighthawk, and thought I would let the "region" folks know about it while I get some pics together for a proper ad. The plan was for it to be my wife's "learner" bike, but she got herself a new Sportster right after finishing the Rider's Edge course!! It's got 2682 miles on it and is in near perfect shape. FYI, it has the Rebel divetrain in it but is a standard style bike, not a cruiser. It looks exactly like the one in this link, color and all....2008 Honda Nighthawk 250 CB250

It is the perfect first bike for someone, or it would make a great commuter or "fun" bike. Asking $2000 obo...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I just drove past there. I think the entire Griffith PD was there and the entire school is cordoned off. I caught the tail end of the chief on WJOB, the suspect is in custody (I think).

Yes all of Griffith PD along with LAKE county sheriff was their as well.
    My daughter was at the school when it occurred.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Anyone got 6.5 Creedmoor Go/NoGo Gauges I can borrow or buy? Got all my parts rolling in Wed for a new badazzedness rifle and no gauges to assemble it with... :( Everyne appears out of stock as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom