Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm selling an '08 Honda CB250 Nighthawk, and thought I would let the "region" folks know about it while I get some pics together for a proper ad. The plan was for it to be my wife's "learner" bike, but she got herself a new Sportster right after finishing the Rider's Edge course!! It's got 2682 miles on it and is in near perfect shape. FYI, it has the Rebel divetrain in it but is a standard style bike, not a cruiser. It looks exactly like the one in this link, color and all....2008 Honda Nighthawk 250 CB250

It is the perfect first bike for someone, or it would make a great commuter or "fun" bike. Asking $2000 obo...

The problem with motorcycles, is all the OTHER dumb asses out there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Fatal shooting at church parking lot in Griffith : Griffith Community News

School went into lock down mode as they still had students for CCD in the school.

----
    UPDATE

It was a lady that was shoot in the parking lot. Her daughter saw the shooting and ran back into the school and told the school "My mommy was shoot in the head" and that is when the school went into lock down mode. By the time police arrived the shooter was gone. Getting this info from a source at the school.

No word if the shooter knew the lady or was trying to steal the car or something else?

My condolences to that family.
    I really really hope the kid did not see her mom shot, or the aftermath. I can't even imagine that trauma.

And what the heck is wrong with all these people and the murder-suicides?
    Is it a reaction to the news constantly harping on the subject?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I really really hope the kid did not see her mom shot, or the aftermath. I can't even imagine that trauma.

That is a good question. Part of the answer is probably just that we hear about everyone of them nationwide now. The media loves a good murder suicide.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

That is a good question. Part of the answer is probably just that we hear about everyone of them nationwide now. The media loves a good murder suicide.

Update on the story.
    Fatal shooting at church parking lot in Griffith : Griffith Community News

Summary

Wife and teenage daughter were in car waiting for son/brother to come out of the school.
    The son was in CCD (after school religious class).
    Husband comes up to car and shoots the wife in head and the daughter sees it happen.
    Daughter runs into the school while Husband takes off on his bike back to his house in Gary. (Wife was living in Chicago and worked at EC Hospital)
    Daughter tells school officials my mom was shoot in the head.
    School goes into lock down.

Gary police go to husband's house to confront him.
    They find him in the garage and tell him to put the gun down.
    He puts the gun to his head and kills himself.

Husband and wife were getting a divorce and she had a restraining order against him.
    In court papers the wife alleged the following:
    the divorce wasn’t “going to be pretty" and that "the kids were going to suffer,”.

Guess he stayed true to his words.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well what I'm picking up is the guy had a warrant out on him for rape and assault that he committed on the wife, Soooo why he was walking around free not sure.

It's a shame that it happened though and that the kids will have to deal with dcfs now.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Anyone got 6.5 Creedmoor Go/NoGo Gauges I can borrow or buy? Got all my parts rolling in Wed for a new badazzedness rifle and no gauges to assemble it with... :( Everyne appears out of stock as well.

I saw somewhere that if you take the extractor off the bolt, add tape or something to shim the head of the round a measured amount, you essentially create a no-go.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

I take offense to that....... So I bought my first bike near the end of the season last year and dumped it after taking the wife for our first ride together...... I wear a helmet, took the abate course, have a vest with too many veteran patches, ride an 85 shadow 500, still stall out from time to time after first start up, don't hit the shift points perfect all the time, and ride when most riders don't on the colder days. Hopefully in a few years when my aunt gives up riding due to age she'll sell me her 07 shadow....by the way looking for a good mechanic who can do a carb clean on my bike for a good price.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The problem with life, is all the OTHER dumb asses out there.
    BTW no word on what type of handgun was used.
    Then again that stuff is never posted. :(
    There is something wrong with you.
    I take offense to that....... So I bought my first bike near the end of the season last year and dumped it after taking the wife for our first ride together...... I wear a helmet, took the abate course,
    Why would you take offence to something clearly not directed at you? Makes no sense. Sorry to hear you dumped your bike the first year, even after doing the ABATE course. That's a bummer.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The problem with life, is all the OTHER dumb asses out there.

Why would you take offence to something clearly not directed at you? Makes no sense. Sorry to hear you dumped your bike the first year, even after doing the ABATE course. That's a bummer.
    I forgot some purple in there. At least its an 85 not much value in it. I was making a sharp turn into the gas station when I hit gravel and instinctively walked right off it as it fell. I considered it a confidence builder especially in front of an audience just picked it up and went about getting gas as if I do it all the time lol

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I forgot some purple in there. At least its an 85 not much value in it. I was making a sharp turn into the gas station when I hit gravel and instinctively walked right off it as it fell. I considered it a confidence builder especially in front of an audience just picked it up and went about getting gas as if I do it all the time lol

Lmao that would've been a sight to see

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I never even wondered.

:faint:
    I would like to know what caliber and model of sidearm. They did not say if it was a sidearm or longgun BTW so I figure it was a sidearm as if it was a longgun the newspaper would have jumped on the evil black rifle stuff.

How close was he when he shoot her.
    Was it just one shot or more?
    His aim is that good that he got her in the head on the first try?
    Did he shoot thru the glass, body of car, or anythig else in the way?
    Did she die instantly or live and bleed out?
    Did shooter notice the daughter and let her live or did she get away from him?
    Did the shooter have an LTCH?
    Was the shooter's gun his?
    Did the victim have an LTCH?
    Did the victim own a gun?

Well what I'm picking up is the guy had a warrant out on him for rape and assault that he committed on the wife, Soooo why he was walking around free not sure.

It's a shame that it happened though and that the kids will have to deal with dcfs now.

It was ALLEGED rape/assualt. Females tend to say anything and everything during a divorce to one up the husband and the courts tend to side with them 99% of the time. So don't read too much into the paperwork on that one. We do not know who started the divorce or if she pushed him over the edge with something/one to get her way. Or he could have had real anger managment issues. We don't know.

Why cause I want more details and perhaps learn from those details?
    Even if victim had a gun it would have been ILLEGAL for her to have it with her at the time.
    99% of the parents that pick up their chidlren from that school, park the car (ie. turn it off) and wait for the kids to come out and/or get out of their car and wait for the kids to come out. She was in the car but suspect it was off (ie. not being operated) so she could not LEGALLY been armed.

The July 01, 2014 law would have helped her had she been armed (ie. allowed to keep firearm in locked car on school property).

I take offense to that.......
    Actually I think he might have been referring to car/truck drivers and them not watching out for bikes when on the road.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    :faint:

It was ALLEGED rape/assualt. SOME females tend to say anything and everything during a divorce to one up the husband and the courts tend to side with them 99% of the time.

And of course males are blameless in divorce. I take offense to that. FIFY

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom