• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Seeing how it turned out, I would guess that he really did hold a gun to her and force her to have sex. He was obviously unstable.

I also am guessing it was a handgun, since he shot himself in the head with it. It is a lot easier with a handgun than a long gun.

As for pushing him over the edge, that is :bs:. No one gets pushed over the edge into a murder suicide.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi's a programmer, therefore in to the little details and intricate workings of even a murder suicide...

I would second KLB.... you make the decision and you make it happen..... and from the outcome this domestic was probably as conjured up in the news articles.

The fine details here seem to be that a piece of paper is no match for a determined madman, being armed and able to use said arm trumps serving papers, and keeping vigil in your own safety by maintaining situational awareness while in public is center to staying alive and being able to use ones own defenses.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Couldn't agree more with GB and KLB. No one makes anyone else do something like this. Proceeding with that line of thinking, it becomes easy to at least partially assign the victim(s) blame, which is typical of an abuser and often endemic in our society's reaction to abuse.

One governs one's own reactions and emotions. However, this emotionally ill-equipped individual could not discern between rage (the inappropriate actions borne of anger) and anger, and allowed himself to be governed by the former rather than dealing with the latter constructively.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I can not fathom the mindset that goes with a murder/suicide like this. No woman is worth killing myself, nor spending my life in jail for killing her. There are Billions of them out there.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I take offense to that....... So I bought my first bike near the end of the season last year and dumped it after taking the wife for our first ride together...... I wear a helmet, took the abate course, have a vest with too many veteran patches, ride an 85 shadow 500, still stall out from time to time after first start up, don't hit the shift points perfect all the time, and ride when most riders don't on the colder days. Hopefully in a few years when my aunt gives up riding due to age she'll sell me her 07 shadow....by the way looking for a good mechanic who can do a carb clean on my bike for a good price.
    You need to start with adding some Sea foam to the gas tank. Menards is the cheapest price and get a couple-three cans. Follow the directions on the can for best results until you find a mechanic for the carbs.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I can not fathom the mindset that goes with a murder/suicide like this. No woman is worth killing myself, nor spending my life in jail for killing her. There are Billions of them out there.

Seriously? "I won't kill myself over you because you're not worth it"? or "I won't go to jail for killing you because you're not worth it"? I find this very disturbing. Why does the woman's worth come into question here?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Seriously? "I won't kill myself over you because you're not worth it"? or "I won't go to jail for killing you because you're not worth it"? I find this very disturbing. Why does the woman's worth come into question here?

In all seriousness SD has a point.

However, 9mm is better than .45. Or was it the other way around?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

Divorce isn't an easy thing for anyone to go thru and my EX was a PITA and always tried to push my buttons as we went thru all the BS and put the kids in the middle of everything. Yes I was angry at everything and my best friend kept my head screwed on straight to look thru clear eyes not the angry ones. You suck it up and in time things will get better. Had a buddy going thru a divorce and was hitting the bottle and knew this wasn't the right thing to do in my case. This is the time to find out who your real friends are. Shame for two young kids when they need parents most, hope there is family to step in and help the kids get on with their lives.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You need to start with adding some Sea foam to the gas tank. Menards is the cheapest price and get a couple-three cans. Follow the directions on the can for best results until you find a mechanic for the carbs.
    Been doing that for a while now. I've called several places from Laporte to Valpo and north to Chesterton and they all are around 300-350. I may wait till winter and atempt to do it myself with the service manual as long as I can find parts or whatnot. The hardest part will be re synching.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Divorce isn't an easy thing for anyone to go thru and my EX was a PITA and always tried to push my buttons as we went thru all the BS and put the kids in the middle of everything. Yes I was angry at everything and my best friend kept my head screwed on straight to look thru clear eyes not the angry ones. You suck it up and in time things will get better. Had a buddy going thru a divorce and was hitting the bottle and knew this wasn't the right thing to do in my case. This is the time to find out who your real friends are. Shame for two young kids when they need parents most, hope there is family to step in and help the kids get on with their lives.

Yuuuuup

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom