• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I would melt a bunch of legos. This has two purposes. I could hand the chunk of plastic to the ATF when they show up, and it will make annoy Jedi.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, that is called a memory lapse and it happens as we get older.... those nice people from the .gov would understand, I'm sure.... after all they are just there to help us....

Happy St. Patricks Day.... let the drinking begin....

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Anybody know where I can get a softball mitt for my daughter went to valpo, michigan city, Laporte, and couldn't find the right size for her. Next stop probably merrillville. Suggestions please.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If you tell the .gov jbt that you sold it in a yard sale and still have it at the time you make that statement you have provided false information to a .giv jbt who is doing an investigation. That is a federal crime (i don't have the code num but the attys on ingo know it and have posted it.)

Go watch the why you do not talk to the police video.
    NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I watched the first video, and it APPEARED the problem wasn't with the normal aluminum 80% lowers, but with some polymer ones. These were made as a normal lower, then filled in with more polymer to make them appear 80%. THIS is why the ATF originally wanted to raid the company. While I still don't agree, if someone was skirting the law when they made these "80% lowers" then there are consequences.

On the other hand, the fact that the ATF ignore or "got around" the restraining order is just bull****. I agree that the .gov believes, AND ACTS above and outside the law, and that is unacceptable. I hope there are some serious consequences on that side too, however I wont hold my breath.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I watched the first video, and it APPEARED the problem wasn't with the normal aluminum 80% lowers, but with some polymer ones. These were made as a normal lower, then filled in with more polymer to make them appear 80%. THIS is why the ATF originally wanted to raid the company. While I still don't agree, if someone was skirting the law when they made these "80% lowers" then there are consequences.
    According to Aries the bolded part is NOT true. According to Aries they mold the area of the fire control group in on color of plastic, then they mold the remainder of the lower AROUND that section of plastic. So they end up with a dual color lower but they DO NOT make the legal lower first, THEN fill it in with AFTER the lower is made.

aclark said:
    On the other hand, the fact that the ATF ignore or "got around" the restraining order is just bull****. I agree that the .gov believes, AND ACTS above and outside the law, and that is unacceptable. I hope there are some serious consequences on that side too, however I wont hold my breath.
    Yup, we are the law abiding citizens who have the lawless imposing their version of the laws upon us.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    According to Aries the bolded part is NOT true. According to Aries they mold the area of the fire control group in on color of plastic, then they mold the remainder of the lower AROUND that section of plastic. So they end up with a dual color lower but they DO NOT make the legal lower first, THEN fill it in with AFTER the lower is made.

Yup, we are the law abiding citizens who have the lawless imposing their version of the laws upon us.

Is there a picture of what these machine parts look like?
    From what I gather a "80% lower" is not a firearm but just a machined metal part which can be bought without any paperwork/FFL and without a serial # on the part.
    So what does one still have to do to it? And since the end product is a firearm without a serial number (ie. you built it) can you ever sell it?
    ??? :dunno: ???

Is this only for the AR-15 platform or is it for any other firearms? Granted I think the AR-15 is the only platform that this is done for.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Aries makes an ALUMINUM 80% lower and the ATF says that is perfectly legal.

Aries makes a POLYMER 80% lower that the ATF now claims is NOT legal.

It is not legal to commercially sell a firearm made from an 80% lower. You can buy 80% 1911 frames and you can buy AK undrilled receivers (they don't call them 80%) in addition to 80% AR lowers.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    It is fully legal to make a firearm for your own personal use which is what these 80% lowers are used to do, although some of them are probably just paper weights on some guys desk that looked cool when they bought them.

This type of non gun product is very popular in the hobbyist groups within the firearms enthusiasts. It allows one to actually make their gun for their own use... Legal again...

This is why you find un bent AK receiver blanks, MAC-10/11 receiver blanks, unfinished 1911A1 receiver blanks, AR-15 type blanks, and 1919/M2HB unfinished side plates for sale..

All completely legal according to the currently in power group of thugs...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I would agree with TV, but I'm sure the thugs would have already wrote the laws to favor their gang... Sorry I think it's from being raised in Da Region, everything is a thug or a gang in Da Hood terminology...

lol....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom