• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Just wondering if anyone on here has a Kimber Ultra Carry II 1911A1 or a Springfield Armory EMP 1911A1 pistol in 9mm ?

I would like to get a chance to shoot one of them to compare...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Just wondering if anyone on here has a Kimber Ultra Carry II 1911A1 or a Springfield Armory EMP 1911A1 pistol in 9mm ?

I would like to get a chance to shoot one of them to compare...
    I have an Ultra Carry II, but it's .45

I think only the UCII Stainless comes in 9

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    What would you guys do if you were there for that robbery?

I know there's the argument that it's the banks money, it's insured, you should only be a good witness, but I think if I was there, I would have drawn on him.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    TV, I've got the Kimber Ultra Carry Stainless II in 45 acp already.... kind of want to try one in 9mm to see how it compares in the much more affordable caliber to shoot... The EMP is interesting too....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What would you guys do if you were there for that robbery?

I know there's the argument that it's the banks money, it's insured, you should only be a good witness, but I think if I was there, I would have drawn on him.
    Guess you really won't know till it happens. And you may not even know it's happening if there's no yelling.
    But I'm thinking the threat of deadly force has to be considered. (The threat being from the robber)
    Look at the lady at the convience store at 57th and Cleveland in Merrillville. Shot and killed, even though she complied.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My wife was a VP in the banking industry for years. Robberies are far more common than you'd guess. 95+% involve a thief, a note scrawled on a piece of paper, and a modest amount of $$$ silently handed to the thief, who then leaves. The money typically has a dye pack slipped in with it. The robberies can occur with a bank full of customers and nobody may even know it happened.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm not getting rid of the 45acp, I just want to add a 9mm version to the herd...

When I worked the banks as a guard they wouldn't try that pass a note stuff because they would see the armed guard standing there... A robbery is quite interesting to deal with... It's not just about getting the bad guy as there are sooooo many possibilities that can take place in a robbery... How many people are in the bank, where is the bad guy, where is the guard or what did you the guard get stuck with as a position in the scenario, What will stop a bullet if someone starts shooting, there is all types of stuff moving really fast and has to play out just right for you to make a good shoot in that situation... Remembering that even though you are intending to stop a bad guy, anything you hit you are going to pay for after words....

Anybody going to Blythes to shoot tomorrow ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom