• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    CTC dont wave to anyone....ive waved to him while in my Garbage Truck and he just ignores
    Just drift into his lane next time... you'll get some sort of wave... lol.
    I know big...thats how I roll- about twenty pages behind!! Do you guys shoot at M-ville pretty often?
    Usually every wed night but after a run to Lafayette this afternoon, I decided to drink some beers instead, plus it was not an ATA event so my son would only be doing practice (burning my money) instead of shooting registered targets. We are open Sat also, but I am hit and miss on that until summer time.

Never put 2 and 2 together, but just realized that you do the IT at County Seat. We've talked in there before, about my company still using AS400. Didn't even realize it was you, even after we met to buy those reloading dies.
    That's nuts.
    Mainframes are coming back in style though... lol.

About the GPIW and a meet and shoot. I did not pursue the last post because I got a whopping 1 pm about it. No biggie.
    As for the range, we can do 4 shooters max at one time. During organized shoots we cycle in shooters with a range officer and have an appointed score keeper. there are tables outside the range and a rifle rack as well. (only handgun caliber rifles are allowed + 22 and 17) the rules are at www.glenparkiw.org
    In the case of just casual shooting I would say 3 shooters, because you can then still have easy access to walk down and change targets without having a shooter have to clear his/her bench to raise it. (the 4th station)

As I said before, I would be more than happy to host a shoot either pistol/+22 rifle indoor or trap outside. I suggested indoor due to the weather currently and folks lack of muster for shooting outside in the snow. Please note that club rules would limit participation of non members at the indoor range to 2 shoots (visits). After that, you are required to become a member if you wish to use the private range. There is no such restriction on the trap field, non members simply pay $1 more per game.
    Please also note that there is a $5 per shooter fee for the indoor range to fund the replacement of the backstop.
    It was mentioned that you would need at least 6 lanes for pistol, but isn't that relative to the amount of shooters and assumes everyone is going to show up on time, etc...
    Seems sort of trivial to me if the intention is social. if the intention is hundreds of rounds down range per person, with 20 people in 3 hours, then yeah, this is not your venue.
    Anyhow, anyone can feel free to contact me pm, or email direct at training@ballisticserpent.com or 219-712-one zero 16 on the cell should you be interested or whatever. I would love to do something, it sounds like fun and the dnr meet and shoots never seem to fit my schedule. I will again not be able to attend the dnr ingo thingy at winimac due to business obligations.
    So, i'll toss it out there again: If you want to do a meet and shoot in Merrillville, (before the thaw) contact me. I'll spring for pizza (within reason) and have the cash bar open (after shooting)
    -damon

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Never put 2 and 2 together, but just realized that you do the IT at County Seat. We've talked in there before, about my company still using AS400. Didn't even realize it was you, even after we met to buy those reloading dies.

Good god. I hate the as400 so much. We still have to deal with the **** those things output and call 'data' with some of our clients. It's awful.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    BY THE WAY, someone want to give me a couple NEGATIVE REP POINTS? Please. I'm up to 2 'green dingles' and need to get back down to 1. This is ruining my reputation!

I tried but all I could give was a firm 'i disapprove'. I'm also shaking a finger at you in a disapproving manner.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does she ride the train with you or take a later one? There was an older lady in a purple coat that fell in the big part of the lot.

She takes the first train. She made it to work but was limping into work and did not look very well. She is 1 year away from retirement. Early 60s I think.

JUST CURIOUS . . . BUT WHY don't we have a monthly "Meet & Shoot" at the Merrillville Issac Walton sometime?

Its a lot closer for most of us who attend. Apparently they are willing to allow us to come there.

Will be looking for this answer.

Lone, I am talking about one of our official monthly Jedi organized events.

Pitch in food.
    Volunteer Grillmasters.
    Silly target games.
    A pink wagon.

You know, the normal stuff.

I don't think they could handle us. They have no rifle range and their pistol bay which is in doors only allows two or three shooters at a time. I guess if everyone is just shooting clays it would work.

That is the short answer.
    We are too big of a group for their range. Heck we are too big of a group for the 25 yard at WINAMAC as well.
    Find me a closer range and I would be happy to go back to the old format of voting for a place and then going there.
    As it stands now WINAMAC is our 'official' home away from home.

I would love to have it somewhere closer but alas I we don't have such a place (yet).

The other part is that "we can't have nice things".
    WINAMAC allows us to get away with some stuff and I don't think others would due to the relationship/help we have done over the years. Yes if we break the rules we will get kicked out and we have done very well of self policing ourselves but overall we are a big group (ie. a plague almost) that is controllable so far 99% of the time.

There is 250 arces on US-41 in SOUTHERN lake county before you get to Lowell that is for sale. All flat land right on US-41. Would love to have that as the NWI INGO range.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    KLB, I can show you how to get those coyotes if you want to invite me down...

Jedi, did you get a price on that property ? and is it for sure out of any city or town limits ?

Raitekk, while living out of my car for a while I found that you can normally get free wifi near most hotels, and of course there is today most restaurants. Just saying...

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    might not be on for a while... need to find a place to llive... cannot deal with the stress at home anymore....
    b1f8XZC_zpsb65dfe71.gif

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    might not be on for a while... need to find a place to llive... cannot deal with the stress at home anymore....

Life sucks and doesn't get any better. Living away from home isn't cheap, hope you have lots of money for rent + deposit, utilities, food, need to get renters insurance, and furniture. Weight all your options before making a decision to move out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom