• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    JUST CURIOUS . . . BUT WHY don't we have a monthly "Meet & Shoot" at the Merrillville Issac Walton sometime?

Its a lot closer for most of us who attend. Apparently they are willing to allow us to come there.
    He did post this back in December.

SO, NWI INGO meet up on the 3rd Thursday of Feb. anyone?
    Glen Park Izaak Walton.
    Please PM me if you are coming so I can get a head count. I will be providing Pizza from JJ's for the event. After shooting, the club lounge (*cash bar) will be open for those of you that may like to enjoy an adult beverage, cigar (bring your own), etc.

We hold a winter shoot competition every month during the winter alternating from Glen Park to Miller. I spoke with the Range Master and have a green light to invite y'all to the Feb. event...
    We generally start at 7pm, but pending the number of shooters, we might start at 6pm instead.
    Hope some of you can make it. It's very relaxed/friendly and we always have a good time making fun of each other.
    We shoot in rotating 3 person groups with one range officer controlling the action in the range for each group and we have a designated score keeper collecting and scoring the targets.
    The event generally runs from 7 to about 9:30 and we usually hang out for a couple of beers, etc. while the scorer figures the pay outs and the winners collect their massive winnings...

Format is as follows,
    $10 buy in per shooter.

Shoot consists of five (5) events (targets); at least one target shall be a "fun" target event. (meaning not a standard single bullseye) The Equipment needed shall be a .22LR rimfire Rifle with either peep sights or open sights. The Pistol shall be a .22LR rimfire with open sights. Shooters over the age of 65 shall be allowed to use a "Red-Dot" sight on the pistol. Laser sights shall not be allowed. The ammunition requirement shall be 100 rounds for the Shoot.

Prize Money shall be as follows for each Event (target):
    1. $4.00 First Place
    2. $3.00 Second Place
    3. $2.00 Third Place

OPTIONAL SHOOT (S)

Glen Park Chapter .38 Pistol - Standard Velocity ammunition including Wadcutter and Semi-Wadcutter $2.00 Entry Fee
    .45 ACP Pistol - Ammunition FMJ or Lead $2.00 Entry Fee

For the math challenged, that's $14 for all events if you want to also compete in the .45 and the .38
    And again, I will provide the Pizza... yummy...
    So come out and have some fun, check out the club and hang with some fellow shooters!

-Damon

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Lone, I am talking about one of our official monthly Jedi organized events.
    I don't think they could handle use. They have no rifle range and their pistol bay which is in doors only allows two or three shooters at a time. I guess if everyone is just shooting clays it would work.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I don't think they could handle use. They have no rifle range and their pistol bay which is in doors only allows two or three shooters at a time. I guess if everyone is just shooting clays it would work.

Well if that is the case then I'd agree, they couldn't handle us. We'd need at least 6 outdoor pistol bays, probably could get by without a rifle range.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I had a green dingle once after relations with an ugly chick. I got a shot and fixed that. I don't know if a shot will fix a mutant green dingle that multiplied.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom