• Status
    Not open for further replies.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    And swage primer pockets. As long as time isn't a huge issue, that's what I'm going for. I'm really only setting up for 5.56/223 right now, but 7.62x51/308 is next. Those are the only calibers (rifle anyway) I load in large quantity. I HATE trimming milsurp brass. Detest it more than anything else firearms related. I was sitting around a while back and just couldn't believe there wasn't a better way. Long story short, I built a machine to handle the "pre-assembling tasks". I will eventually completely automate the entire process, but am still working on the visual recognition software for the robot. Trying to find a new ultrasonic sensor for powder checking that will live happily with my programming code as well.

Problem I have is I'm quickly running out of cases to prep with all the test runs. I'd like to gather 5000ish rounds. That will give me 1400 for final tweaking, and then 3600 for a solid hour of full capacity. All told, the trimmer will do about 1k/hr and the size/deprime/whatever will do one per second. Annealing looks like 8 seconds per case, but I can't make that go any faster.

Cost? Not this go-round. If if all goes as planned and everything turns out good, I'll figure what it costs to run/maintain the machine and maybe stick a penny of "profit" on each case.

I only have a handful of .308's when you get around to it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :wow:
    My cRaZy neighbor has a tree cutting service out here getting rid of all her front trees!
    At first I though it was just they were doing some trimming but nope.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Neighbor's bush was a bit out of control eh?
    2D60A5A6-4D35-40EC-8BC6-0A884EAA8B43-1075-0000009D04D84A0F_zps795e4a74.jpg

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    just got the Bushmaster Carbon 15 on the left at Dunhams in LaPorte for 699.99. Figure I couldn't beat that price for a new one......also thats my Mossberg 500 next to it. now only other thing I "want" is a 1911 but I can wait on that one.

Totally had some flashbacks from the Army breaking down the AR today. Now if only I could get an M249 but that would be near impossible to get. LOVED that weapon though....

ar.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    And Jedi can't show up Thursday lunch, he has a job. Or whatever he calls the thing that pays him, yet lets him on the computer all day.
    Or has he been furloughed?
    One thing is certain, da pinkfather can't show up!

Jedi might be tolerated outside the cigar lounge, but his alter ego would likely cause an accident and we'd have to destroy the evidence with fire. Good thing we have a big grill at the cigar lounge with a 20# propane tank.

Jedi was US Navy certified one level under insane back in :whistle:.... just saying...

Maybe your mom should have you re-tested. Just sayin....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom