• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Aren't we all so happy that the gov has come out and helped us all get sick while we enjoy our cigars and coffee together outside the building... I wonder if they will cover the doctor bills for catching ill in the severe cold to make sure we are all following their guidelines to be safe from ourselves right ?

Anybody for a smoke and drink in.... LOL...

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    So what is the reason for this ridiculous cigar smoking law? They have to have a reason. Probably a stupid one too.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    OK Bob time to make it a real clubhouse. Open up the upstairs men's club. Sorry T.

Oh no. the things that come out of my mouth would make some of you's blush. Probably make you go to confession. I get to be President. well....V.P. Bob can be President of the Upstairs Men's Club.

Might want to re-think that name tho. o_O

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, the no smoking inside a business (any in Indiana) just started.
    Yes, you have to meet certain specifications to smoke in there, and you will be subject to the King's Men (or Indiana's ATC) inspecting you.
    It's Daddy Gov looking out for us.

I'd have to check on the smoking and eating together thing.

It will get better.
    We (my Legion Post) has been fined by the IRS, for their (IRS) mistake. They finally admitted the fine was wrong, after 11 months of harassment, threatening to turn over everything to a collection agency, and telling us the agency was authorized to confiscate our building and land, for a $400 fine that wasn't ours.
    Then, the ATC came by. Because we are a "private club" there are certain rules we have to adhere to. Such as only authorized members, and their guests allowed. Only one guest per member, so I can't have a married couple visit as a guest. Guest can not buy their drinks.
    $500 fine, which is ours, we just didn't know the fine print.
    Now, the Gaming Commission stopped by. 2 day inspection. No fine. In fact we were complemented for following MOST of their rules. Some small things we had to correct over the weekend. Gaming rules started out as a couple stapled papers, and now equates to a phone book.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh no. the things that come out of my mouth would make some of you's blush. Probably make you go to confession. I get to be President. well....V.P. Bob can be President of the Upstairs Men's Club.

Might want to re-think that name tho. o_O

Ok. But you have to put this pic in front of you.
    laura-prepon_59148.jpg

And confession will be a problem. Local priest in the area have an agreement to forgive me, if I stop visiting and causing their churches to burst into flames.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hey Bob NWI could really use a nice indoor range .

Yes it could.
    Can anyone guess the odds of a NWI community throwing up every possible road block and red tape though.
    They tried to get one at the old Fetla's.
    Another tried, I think it was in Hobart.
    Everyone had a poop attack.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yes it could.
    Can anyone guess the odds of a NWI community throwing up every possible road block and red tape though.

I never got any "solid" details on either of those, but I have done a fairly extensive feasibility study on an indoor range for NWI. If you have about 1.5 million clams, i'd be happy to be a consultant...

Fetlas had a residential area in close proximity against it. Citizens a council meetings = tension.

I see no reason that you would not be able to get one approved along the commercial area of the 65 corridor in Crown Point. Problem is cost of start up and build out. Not the zoning, etc. (my opinion)
    Again, I put a pretty extensive amount of research into it, including actually talking to 85% of the police chiefs in the county and/or the department's head of training; among other folks, like developers, politicians, shooter, cops, etc.
    In just LEO alone there are a ton of customers looking to shoot, both on and off duty. Not to mention the 7 surrounding counties of LEOS come to the place in Hobart for class training then are on their own for the 16 hours of range time.
    HOWEVER.
    I figure even operating at MAX cap. for 5 hours a day with at $15/hour range fee it would take over 60 months to generate the initial 1.5 mil. And that doesn't even account for operating overhead or interest on borrowed funds.

oh, then there's the whole problem of how most shooters are bunch of f'ing cheapasses...

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yes it could.
    I heard that Fetla's fell through for lack of financing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So what is the reason for no :coffee: & :pimp: at the smoke lounge?
    Does that agency come by often to these type of establishments?
    Or did the posting on here about the activities that occur there finally pop on someone's radar at the state level?
    :dunno:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Heyo...newbie jumping in on the NWI thread. I see a lot of talk about drinks and cigars. Think we will get along just fine.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    [STRIKE]@ All: I might need some local transportation help today. PM me for details if you might be able to help.[/STRIKE] Covered for now, thanks all! :)

@ Melensdad: You have no idea how much your story just irritates the snot out of me. Just another example of the nanny state helping you out for your own good. You know, because you and your customers are wholly incapable of making any decisions for yourselves. You're just part of the unwashed masses of uneducated illiterates that need to be gently (at first) cared for by your overlords.

It may be "just a stupid rule" but heaven help you if you violate it. "You filthy, nasty, doughnut eating smoker, you! Obey or we will shut you down!"

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    WD: PM sent

Heyo...newbie jumping in on the NWI thread. I see a lot of talk about drinks and cigars. Think we will get along just fine.
    My cigar lounge has become the unofficial NWI INGO hangout. Its sometimes referred to as the Clubhouse, INGO Clubhouse, etc.

Obviously very gun friendly.

We even hold INGO cigar nights (where smoking is optional) about 8 times a year. Next Guns & Cigars event will be in November.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom