• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So are we going to get a tax break in April for all the days the gov is shut down?

Yes. Why yes we are.

For each day the government fails to provide services to you, you are allowed to deduct 1/365th of your tax bill from the amount you owe them. If you are due a refund because you over paid then you will get 1/365th extra per day that they don't provide you services. Of course, this is subject to them deducting overtime, back pay and holiday pay, which may, in fact, nullify the amount they owe you and actually reverse it so that you owe more.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was just wondering how Lake County residents feel about the new 1.5% income tax?

Population of LAKE county (2012 per Google): 493,618
    Unemployment (July 2013 per Google): 10.1% or 49,361.8
    Food Stamp receipts (2011 per this source): 91,326

So we have 140,688 people not paying taxes which is 28% of the population but they do vote.
    Hum.... Not as bad as I thought.

In 10 years bet you that 1.5% will be much higher.

vote them all out.

:rofl: x 1000000000000
    never gonna happen

So are we going to get a tax break in April for all the days the gov is shut down?

:rofl: x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Population of LAKE county (2012 per Google): 493,618
    Unemployment (July 2013 per Google): 10.1% or 49,361.8
    Food Stamp receipts (2011 per this source): 91,326

So we have 140,688 people not paying taxes which is 28% of the population but they do vote.
    Where do you get these numbers?

How do you presume that 140,688 are not paying taxes? Is that the Food Stamps Recipients + the Unemployed? If so then you are seriously wrong with your math because you are DOUBLE counting. Many Unemployed ARE ALSO recipients of Food Stamps.

Further, in the low income brackets, the voting rate is abysmally low (thank goodness, because they are generally uninformed).

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Where do you get these numbers?

How do you presume that 140,688 are not paying taxes? Is that the Food Stamps Recipients + the Unemployed? If so then you are seriously wrong with your math because you are DOUBLE counting. Many Unemployed ARE ALSO recipients of Food Stamps.

Further, in the low income brackets, the voting rate is abysmally low (thank goodness, because they are generally uninformed).

Seriously? You've been around this forum long enough to know that you don't question [STRIKE]Jedi[/STRIKE] thug math. The numbers can be whatever he wants them to be and they can support whatever idea he's pushing. Quit trying to inject facts into his little pink fantasy. :laugh:

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    Bob , Jedi was using that north of 30 math. You know where you twist numbers around to fit your own thinking. And had the politicians passed the tax when the state mandated it years ago then perhaps they wouldn't have imposed the tax levy which has caused the shortfalls the past 8 years and they could have set the income tax at a lower rate. And 1.5 % is still o
    lower than a lot of other counties.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    So what you guys are saying is that THUG MATH is just as accurate as THUG SHOOTING when the sights of the gun are turned 90 degrees and the thugs move their hands, essentially throwing the bullets, while yelling POW POW POW as they they shoot?

Gotcha!

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    anybody have any leftover fiber rod laying around? I need a few inches to fix some sights... flouro green would be the bee's knees...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Half my life's in book's written pages
    Live and learn from fools and from sages
    You know it's true
    All the things you do, come back to you

[video=youtube;89dGC8de0CA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dGC8de0CA[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Only a couple weeks till "Walking Dead".
    I'm giddy.

[video=youtube;MjVzehS_Izs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjVzehS_Izs[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I swear I'm gonna have to keep some pain killers in the actaeon-mobile or something.

I rush out the door in the morning, didn't take any cause I'm in a rush, and nothings too bad yet.
    Off to the Dyer Post Office.
    The lady that handles the bulk mail won't be there for an hour, and the guy that's there won't handle it.
    So I go down to the little Italian place for some lunch. New hours, they don't open till 4.
    So I keep going west, walking.
    Skip all the Burger King, McDs, Dairy Queen, etc.
    next place closed.
    Next place don't open till 4.
    etc
    etc
    Finally get to Jelly's. And have some lunch.
    But now I hurt so much, I don't know how I'm getting back to the post office.
    Well, I guess I DO know.
    Walk.

Ouch
    Ouch
    Ouch
    Ouch
    Ouch
    Ouch

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I swear I'm gonna have to keep some pain killers in the actaeon-mobile or something.

I rush out the door in the morning, didn't take any cause I'm in a rush, and nothings too bad yet.
    Off to the Dyer Post Office.
    The lady that handles the bulk mail won't be there for an hour, and the guy that's there won't handle it.
    So I go down to the little Italian place for some lunch. New hours, they don't open till 4.
    So I keep going west, walking.
    Skip all the Burger King, McDs, Dairy Queen, etc.
    next place closed.
    Next place don't open till 4.
    etc
    etc
    Finally get to Jelly's. And have some lunch.
    But now I hurt so much, I don't know how I'm getting back to the post office.
    Well, I guess I DO know.
    Walk.

Ouch
    Ouch
    Ouch
    Ouch
    Ouch
    Ouch

I was eating at Benedicts right across the street from Jelly's. Should have come there, I keep all sorts of pain pills in my car (I'm arthritic).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was eating at Benedicts right across the street from Jelly's. Should have come there, I keep all sorts of pain pills in my car (I'm arthritic).

Well, obviously I need to program my phone to locate you.

I made it, but it wasn't fun.
    Then I had to deal with the fun Post Office Workers. They had to inform me of Yet Another Change to the bulk mail system.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Jedi ur 10.1% is including children and seniors!

We do have child labor laws :facepalm:

I was waiting for someone to point both of those things out.

But also remember, "official unemployment" only counts people of employment age who have not simply stopped looking! Also, all of the extended unemployed ~those off work for 2+ years~ and no longer getting any benefits, are no longer considered "unemployed" by the US Gubmint.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    So, we can never know what the real statistic is for unemployment seeing it is like a revolving door! There are jobs out there, it's just that people are used to making so much and have all the luxuries to go with it and won't settle for anything less!

Kinda like "Eddie" from National Lampoons "He's holding out for a Management Postion" :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom