Not open for further replies.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    If it is a tear its surgery. Six weeks in a boot and then six weeks of PT
    The impression that I got was, where the tear maybe at will not heal on its own unless they put me in a cast for six weeks with no leg movement, so basically bed rest and there's no guarantees that that will work. I don't want to wait that long with a 50/50 chance.

You are going to be out as long as I am! Sheese! I hope the ankle surgery doesn't hurt like the shoulder. Has the doctor told you if it would be arthoscopic or not? Or is he waiting to know for sure before mentioning it?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Greg, stop trying to make this "all about you." We don't care how much pain you were in. This is about Jay. Unlike our general feelings of malfeasance toward you, we all actually LIKE Jay. This is about him and his injury. I feel his pain. Go back in your hole.

This coming from a man that had to downgrade from a REAL gun (.45) to a pop gun (9mm) because shooting the REAL gun hurt his hands....:laugh:

OUCH!!!!

But the list of NWI INGO Injured Reserve keeps growing. I just got word that :whistle: is also now down for the count. :facepalm:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, here's a new model coming out in January. Uses standard LEGO bricks, but in colors only found in this set, so it's truly a set that can be dismantled and added to the parts bin when finished.

The world's largest cargo ship is now available as a giant Lego set

And the price doesn't seem terrible for the number of pieces, though most pieces are repetitive.

Maersk Line Triple-E* | LEGO Shop

Slight correction.

"Maersk Blue" which is the "light blue" found in that LEGO set has been released before by The LEGO Company (TLC) but only on other Maersk logo based sets which have been license and approved by Maersk (Maersk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). The first of these sets were back in the 70s when Maersk asked LEGO for some limited run of sets so that they could give out to special customers of theirs. TLC agreed. Here is a promotional set from 1980.
    1651-2-1.jpg

These sets are the HOLY GRAIL for LEGO collectors as you could NOT buy these in store, they contained a unique color not available in any other commercial sets (the Maersk blue) and the only way to get them was from Maersk themselves. A very small run was done something around 1,000 sets.

In the 1990s again Maersk asked for another promotional set that looked like this:
    1831-1.jpg

and again these are part of the HOLY GRAIL of collections. This set had a bigger numbersand Jedi recalls reading that you could buy this set from Maersk.

Then in 2011 TLC finally was able to get permission from Maersk to use the "Maersk color" (the color is copyright of the Maersk company) in an official commercial set and LEGO fans got this...
    5457328121_8db44644e3.jpg

That set was a hit with part collectors for the "Maersk color" but alas the number of parts was limited and the fans wanted more of that color.
    So looks like TLC has pushed the envelope even more to give the masses even more of the 'holy grail' color they look for which is that set you linked to.

BTW this jedi thinks was the first set with the Maersk color in it.
    maersk%2Blego%2B1650-1.jpg

Note the lack of LEGO set number on it. No # on a set is very, very, very rare for LEGO products. This one not only is missing a set number (never given) but it also has the Maersk color in it. In a mint condition that box and parts would pay off a mortgage in most parts of LAKE COUNTY, IN. Jedi has never seen one in person only in video from TLC vault room.

---EDIT---
    Actually that last set might not be the first one. It may be one of their asain promotional ones. Not sure I don't follow the "Maersk" LEGO color a lot.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    You are going to be out as long as I am! Sheese! I hope the ankle surgery doesn't hurt like the shoulder. Has the doctor told you if it would be arthoscopic or not? Or is he waiting to know for sure before mentioning it?
    Have not cross that bridge yet. I should know more Friday.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Those Lego.... look like pretty cool targets....

Just saying...

On another note, Went to the range this weekend and got to try the new sight that Ruger sent me for the RAR Ruger American Rimfire in 22LR... Fixed it now shoots poa/poi... with much available movement upward for moving the targets out further.. I think this is a winner for Ruger...

Now if we could get 22LR ammo at more realistic prices...

That is all...

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Ugh... The trigeminal Nueralgia is acting up. Nod horrible, as in constant, but about an hour and a half on Thursday. About 20 minutes on Friday and Saturday. Had a good day Sunday, just a few jolts less then 20 seconds. And now today for the last 40 minutes now. Broke and took a Vicodin and Valium about 20 minutes ago. On a scale I'd say it's pretty close to an 8 right now.

Very annoyed right now, and nervous. Worried that thse last 4 weeks were just a short term remission. Maybe I shouldn't of argued withy doctor about going back before mid October.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Those Lego.... look like pretty cool targets....

Just saying...

On another note, Went to the range this weekend and got to try the new sight that Ruger sent me for the RAR Ruger American Rimfire in 22LR... Fixed it now shoots poa/poi... with much available movement upward for moving the targets out further.. I think this is a winner for Ruger...

Now if we could get 22LR ammo at more realistic prices...

That is all...

can that ruger take tech sights?
    i would like to try it out again now that i picked up more appleseed tips.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    quite old man or them coyotes will get u.

Easier to send the tics after you.

Ugh... The trigeminal Nueralgia is acting up. Nod horrible, as in constant, but about an hour and a half on Thursday. About 20 minutes on Friday and Saturday. Had a good day Sunday, just a few jolts less then 20 seconds. And now today for the last 40 minutes now. Broke and took a Vicodin and Valium about 20 minutes ago. On a scale I'd say it's pretty close to an 8 right now.

Very annoyed right now, and nervous. Worried that thse last 4 weeks were just a short term remission. Maybe I shouldn't of argued withy doctor about going back before mid October.

Looks like 1/2 of NWI INGO is on the sick/lame/crippled/crazy list.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Lol. I'm still kicking. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. I can handle working and suffering. As long as the flare ups continue off duty and aren't constant. This one has been 2 any a half hours now with about 15 minutes of ok roughly 40 minutes after meds. Hoping it ends soon. Was already off three months this year, not ready to be off any longer. I do have 13 days of vacation left, minus 3 days that are spoken for around the Christmas time. So hoping to break them up into single and double vacation days to use when needed. Although they want 10 day notice for a vacation day. So I sporadically use them to have four day weekends every other week til the end of the year. Hopefully it helps keep the tv in check

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom