20140105_112215_zpsde5fb46f.jpg

Its Cold guys

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Looking forward to payday for this week.

I had already been on the schedule for over 60 hours (typically work 54-60/week) and then went in Sunday, got stuck there through Monday night. Still have 4 more 12 hr shifts this week and I've already got 48 hours as of tonight. 56 hours of overtime, yes please. Next week I'm scheduled 60 as well.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    After 33 hour shift, I had to get outta the house today.
    I loved it.
    Of course, being properly dressed helps.

Was in Remarkable Book store when water started coming from under the wall.
    The people in the Cajun Restaurant haven't been there in a while, maybe they left....
    But apparently, they left the heat off. The sprinkler pipes burst.
    Flooded at least two stores to each side.
    So I helped Ken, the owner of Remarkable, move a bunch of collectable cards, and a bunch of books.
    Had to sacrifice a bunch off cheap books, to place the more expensive books on.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Most materials shrink in cold. Rubber gaskets harden and shrink and leave gaps.

Keep an eye on your oil level.

You'll probably be fine. Maybe need to tighten oil filter? Might have another oil leak that you've never noticed before because you've never left the car idling in the driveway before.

What kind of car? If it's one I'm familiar with, I can give you suggestions of where to check for leaks.

It's a 97 Stratus with 207K miles.

@CTZ ~ I was just funnin' with ya. However, I was amused at the guy sitting there spinning his wheels and getting nowhere fast while a stream of 2WD's slowly inched by him.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Looking forward to payday for this week.

I had already been on the schedule for over 60 hours (typically work 54-60/week) and then went in Sunday, got stuck there through Monday night. Still have 4 more 12 hr shifts this week and I've already got 48 hours as of tonight. 56 hours of overtime, yes please. Next week I'm scheduled 60 as well.

Glutton
    For
    Punishment

Give me my 40 hour week, and let me enjoy my time at home.
    If I wanted to be surrounded by a bunch of smelly guys, and gray painted steel walls, I would have stayed on a submarine.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    It's a 97 Stratus with 207K miles.

...I got nothing.

Keep an eye on it, i'd bet it's just the extreme cold causing greater shrinkage than normal.

But, greater shrinkage/movement means the gaskets may be more brittle now and you'll be leaking from now on. Just watch it, if you can locate the leak later, decide if it's worth fixing or not. Might be as simple as the old oil filter gasket stuck to the block when the new filter was applied. Could be worse.

I'm not famililar with that car, so I can't offer any specific suggestions.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ...I got nothing.

Keep an eye on it, i'd bet it's just the extreme cold causing greater shrinkage than normal.

But, greater shrinkage/movement means the gaskets may be more brittle now and you'll be leaking from now on. Just watch it, if you can locate the leak later, decide if it's worth fixing or not. Might be as simple as the old oil filter gasket stuck to the block when the new filter was applied. Could be worse.

I'm not famililar with that car, so I can't offer any specific suggestions.

[video=youtube;BEnKLhi83J8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEnKLhi83J8[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ok. Now I'm done with punchdrunk from too much work.
    But now I've had too much caffeine.
    [video=youtube;xSHYlSxQyJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSHYlSxQyJM[/video]

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I decided if I was going to b**ch in another thread about people going out for nonessentials on bad roads, I'd better practice what I preach. I had a doctor's appointment in Merrillville (ENT for the tinnitus), and the roads were not good, so the gun can wait.

In other news, does anyone know why Broadway was closed south of 113th in Crown Point tonight? There was a barracade and a CP police car parked across the road.
    Which doc? I'm looking for one for my tinnitus too.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hey, all this time, I thought this was Elton John. I was wrong.
    [video=youtube;lP94PlEtsEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP94PlEtsEQ[/video]

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Since I've been at work since 0500 on Sunday, driveway needed some work.

Spent an hour shoveling and I'm shot.

I've not been a fan of snowblowers because really, the majority of the time I can get the drive cleared just as quickly as my single stage as I can with a shovel. Single stage blower died last winter. It's this deep stuff where a 2 stage would be mighty nice. Even if I had my plow hooked to my old JD210, it wouldn't be able to move any of this snow.

If I was in better shape, I'd continue my argument that a snowblower is unnecessary, but I'm not, so I'm no longer going to argue against a snowblower. Not going to buy one unless I get a super deal on one come spring. I've had two blowers, both cost me exactly zero to aquire and one can of carb cleaner to get running. So, a deal like that I'll jump on.

Plus, it's ridiculously cold out and I should really be in bed since I have to be back at work in 7 hours.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Don't feel like digging around.

Anyone heard of converting a Pelican case to a humidor?

Long story short I came to own a few UK (Equipment cases | Watertight industrial strength durable cases » Underwater Kinetics) cases. Some are ammo boxes now, sold a couple of them for $$$ (didn't realize how much these cost until I sold a few at $obo)

They're hard plastic watertight cases and I was thinking if I line one with 1/4" spanish cedar, maybe make a couple racks, drop in a couple boveda packs, I'd have a pretty stout humidor. Basically the same principle as a tupperdor/coolerdor but in an industrial container. I have several rubbermaid "tupperdors" now since people learned I enjoy cigars, I was gifted nearly 30 for Christmas. Stopped at the clubhouse and bought a few Xikar humidity jars to keep me running, and bought three budget buster cigars with my gifted cash. So I've got tupperdors holding nearly 50 cigars, but I'd like to consolidate. Is a pelican case (or similar) a safe setup simliar to a cooler or wine fridge type setup?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Which doc? I'm looking for one for my tinnitus too.

Dr. Cherukuri. He's at Community most days, but he's in Merrillville on Tuesday evenings, near the Chase building. You might want to read the thread I started on it. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/328257-tinnitus-driving-me-crazy.html I told about my visit last night, where basically he told me to try cutting out salt for a week to see if that made a difference. I could have done that on my own and saved my $50 copay. :rolleyes:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hi de ho NWI INGO peeps!

I'm down in Mt Stirling KY on my way to take Melen back to Wake Forest university. Took 4.5 hours to get from Lowell to Indy yesterday, big accident on 65 at Lafayette. I was lucky because we were stuck about 200 yards from some exit, took about 30 min to make it to the exit but once I got off the GPS wound me down some roads that shouldn't have been driven on until I got down to 26, where I was able to get back on 65.

Ave speed on 65 was about 25, often half that, don't think I ever got to 50 until I approached Lebanon. Roads cleared up there, but the got to Indy where 65 was packed with ice and speeds dropped to 20mph.

South of Greenwood the roads cleared. Got to Lexington KY about 10pm. Pushed to Mt Sterling, 30 miles east on 64 and called it a night. More snow here than in southern IN. But roads are clear. Hope to get through the W. Virginia mountains without snow and make it to North Carolina by lunchtime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom