• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    well, got called in last night to do a show at the hyatt regency this morning. left at 4 am. hit 231 to exchange, 394 to ford to ryan. definitely no shortage of ice and the bridges were all pretty sketchy. 231 was a mess. IL side of the trip was better. left at noon, big improvement on the expressways, but 231 and CP roads are still really icy. keep the rubber side down kids!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Also, you have cables from the handles to the transmission. The cables might have stretched, meaning the transmission will not fully engage.
    Checked those cables to make sure they weren't lose. Didn't snag them or anything and they appear tight.

Hi SD1. Yep. I honestly don't know if it's worth braving 231 and 41 to go get it tonight, though.

Neither were horrible today, but neither were clear/good either.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    The old he said-she said. The big question is, why didn't either party call the police right away.

Well at least one party in that mess is lying...but this is why you don't follow people and try to be an aggressor. Its stupid and does not get you anywhere good. Avoid the situation all together by driving somewhere else like another store.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    686? Yeah, it totally is :D

I decided if I was going to b**ch in another thread about people going out for nonessentials on bad roads, I'd better practice what I preach. I had a doctor's appointment in Merrillville (ENT for the tinnitus), and the roads were not good, so the gun can wait.

In other news, does anyone know why Broadway was closed south of 113th in Crown Point tonight? There was a barracade and a CP police car parked across the road.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    BTW, now I have a new problem ... maybe. When I returned home, there was a small little glop of what appears to be motor oil on the driveway where the car had been parked. I say "glop" because it was mixed in with snow by the time I noticed it. I would estimate 6-8 oz. of fluid. I have been turning on the car every couple hours and letting it run for ten minutes at a time for the past few days. At these temps, it makes a god-awful grinding noise for the first few seconds when it first fires up. It sounds likes it's grinding something up and then it settles down to normal. The car seemed to run fine during my little excursion.

Based on where it was parked, it looks like it might have dropped from the area of the oil filter. Question ... could the motor oil in the filter be congealed enough to hinder flow? Once the engine is fired up, could this cause it to escape (under pressure) past the gasket of the filter? I will probably move the car later on and see if I can take a peek under the hood or underneath.

Most materials shrink in cold. Rubber gaskets harden and shrink and leave gaps.

Keep an eye on your oil level.

You'll probably be fine. Maybe need to tighten oil filter? Might have another oil leak that you've never noticed before because you've never left the car idling in the driveway before.

What kind of car? If it's one I'm familiar with, I can give you suggestions of where to check for leaks.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

The old he said-she said. The big question is, why didn't either party call the police right away.

Well, part of it happened in a Wal-Mart parking lot. So there should be cameras.
    I don't think people are too smart when they follow others and scream and yell.
    I'm not going to pull a gun, but how do you know about the other guy.

I decided if I was going to b**ch in another thread about people going out for nonessentials on bad roads, I'd better practice what I preach. I had a doctor's appointment in Merrillville (ENT for the tinnitus), and the roads were not good, so the gun can wait.

In other news, does anyone know why Broadway was closed south of 113th in Crown Point tonight? There was a barracade and a CP police car parked across the road.

Well, you know if we found out you had gotten stuck, we would NEVER have reminded you of it over and over.
    I hope the doc apt went well.
    And doesn't picking up a gun constitute an emergency?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom