Not open for further replies.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    yea, they're both ok...she was going pretty slow when the back end just walked around on her.....the old Excursion barely struggled pulling the Stratus out!!!

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I see some of you's poking fun at me. :bat: I might be "kinda small" to some of you, but it's the little ones you have to be mindful of.
    DK wisely doesn't keep cast iron pans in the house, nor me in the kitchen for that matter... :D. He's smarter then the average bear, but probably the prince of the idiot village, waiting to take over for melensdad.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Just got the call I was expecting. Gotta go in to work in the morning. So much for having two consecutive days off. Kinda surprised, usually inclement weather keeps people away from the hospital.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I see some of you's poking fun at me. :bat: I might be "kinda small" to some of you, but it's the little ones you have to be mindful of.
    DK wisely doesn't keep cast iron pans in the house, nor me in the kitchen for that matter... :D. He's smarter then the average bear, but probably the prince of the idiot village, waiting to take over for melensdad.

Poking fun??????
    We're just making sure you and dk feel loved, in a totally dysfunctional NWI INGO way.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hi Dee Ho Neighbors, what a glorious day!

You can almost see the path I shoveled late last night out to the pool patio and over to my workshop.

image_zpsec135d64.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hey, that looks just like my back yard. I guess it's time to fire up the snowblower. I haven't used one for a long time. Anybody have a rough idea how many times a gallon of gas will do a fairly short driveway? I only got a gallon because I didn't know if it would start. I should probably get another gallon if I can find some 2-cycle oil. I drove all over CP a few days ago looking for the oil, and when Family Express only had 3 small bottles, my first instinct was to buy them all, but then I thought someone else might need the other two worse than me.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The path restored!

image_zps1af30cc9.jpg

Hey, that looks just like my back yard. I guess it's time to fire up the snowblower. I haven't used one for a long time. Anybody have a rough idea how many times a gallon of gas will do a fairly short driveway? I only got a gallon because I didn't know if it would start. I should probably get another gallon if I can find some 2-cycle oil. I drove all over CP a few days ago looking for the oil, and when Family Express only had 3 small bottles, my first instinct was to buy them all, but then I thought someone else might need the other two worse than me.
    Don't blow the snow now.

Plenty more snow is coming down today. Wait until shortly before you have to leave the house, then go do it. A blower will clear snow and a decent blower can wait until the snow is deep and then get rid of it all in one shot. Blowing now and blowing later will just waste gas and time. Sit back and sip coffee instead.

Wait for a while and then go blow the snow. When you measure 8" on the driveway, go out and blow that off. Then wait again before you need to do it again.

8" assumes you have a 2 stage snow blower. 5" if you have a 1 stage blower.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom