jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    !!!!!!sucesss!!!!!
    just started watching thor via the smartphone on the train!

requires some downloadings outside of google play and a browser i have never heard of but alas there is a way!!! woot!!! going to test it out some more this weekend before I figure out if I should keep this or not.

still a royal pita in not having a dedicated app. also wonder how long this will work since the adobe flash is not being supoorted in andorid and its now the community porting it over to android. hum.....

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Elite First Aid Tactical Trauma Kit #1

1: BleedStop Bandage Good start, but give me at least two. I've not used that particular type of bandage, but thrombotic agents can be tricky and depending on the injury, dangerous for untrained use.
    1: Pair Latex Examination Gloves Need more than 1 pair.
    1: Elastic Bandage, 4'' Good
    4: Pain Reliever Aspirin is a must, tylenol, ibuprofen, naproxin all good to have
    6: Sterile Sponges, 4''x4 You'll want more than 6 of these, but I spose its a good start
    1: Tape, Roll, Adhesive Tape is a must
    16: Bandage Strips, 1''x3'' aka box o bandaids
    6: Antiseptic BZK Wipes Goood to have, also hand sanitizer
    1: Pair of Stainless Steel Tweezers I'd like to add pair of forcepts, sharp point scissors
    1: Triangular Bandage Good to have
    1: EMT Shears A good set of shears can cut through heavy clothing, which comes in handy
    5: Butterfly Strips These, and would add skin glue, and steri strips (don't know if available for sale to general public, but with the internet, I'm sure you can find em)
    1: Abdominal Pad, 5''x9'' You'll want more than 1. These are good absorbant sterile bandages, if you're using one for bleeding, you're going to need more than 1
    2: Ammonia Inhalant Not necessary
    1: EFA - First Aid Instructions Would recommend taking a class at community college or elsewhere over a book.
    1: Burn Aid Package Don't know what's in this, but I doubt it's sufficient for anything serious.
    6: Safety Pins Goes with triangle bandage, pins also work well for splinter

It seems a fairly well appointed kit for $25 (how much is shipping?) but it's far from a trauma kit, even minor trauma. Decently equipped first aid kit though.

Thanks for the break down.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sure is a lot of :crying: and :blahblah:

The root of the problem is you don't want to :spend:and of of course you are :nuts:

:D :lmfao:

:nono: the root issue is greed!
    But it does not matter I've found a fix for now.

TRUE THAT!

And if he bought an iPhone he wouldn't have these problems.

They even come in PINK now.

Agree that APPLE does make it easy and there is a system in place with them to stream movies to their phones.
    For the ...... masses this is all good and great and a wonderful way for them to stream their movies.
    Jedi is NOT one of those ... masses (like some of you) nor will I ever turn to that 'dark side'.
    There is NOTHING APPLE can ever offer me to make me being a user of theres. NOTHING!!!
    And with their great leader gone it's only a matter of time within my lifetime that I hope to see them gone as well.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    :nono: the root issue is greed!
    But it does not matter I've found a fix for now.

Agree that APPLE does make it easy and there is a system in place with them to stream movies to their phones.
    For the ...... masses this is all good and great and a wonderful way for them to stream their movies.
    Jedi is NOT one of those ... masses (like some of you) nor will I ever turn to that 'dark side'.
    There is NOTHING APPLE can ever offer me to make me being a user of theres. NOTHING!!!
    And with their great leader gone it's only a matter of time within my lifetime that I hope to see them gone as well.
    Actually, with an Android phone you are one of the masses. Almost 80% of smartphones in the world are now Androids.
    As for Android and iOS, the real battle will come this fall, when the next generation of iPhone is expected to be out. But in the meantime (as indicated by IDC's recent smartphone shipments report) Android is exploding. With around 187 million units sold last quarter alone (73.5 percent more than in 2012's Q2), Android has taken almost 80 percent of the smartphone market.
    Windows Phone and Android vault ahead in smartphone market share - NBC News.com

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Actually, with an Android phone you are one of the masses. Almost 80% of smartphones in the world are now Androids.

Windows Phone and Android vault ahead in smartphone market share - NBC News.com

:facepalm:
    Ya can't read this morning can you? :scratch:

Look at what I wrote...
    "For the ... masses that is ..."

keyword being "... masses"

I'm okay with one of the "masses" on Android since it's like being one of the "masses" on a PC.
    Apple users and ".... masses" not "masses".

This being a family place I can't say what those .... really are but you get the point. :p

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Does anyone have a tug a war rope? My sons Cub Scout troop is having a field day tomorrow and we would like to borrow one. We are looking at buying one but they are not cheap $120
    B5BF95D9-CF8D-453C-AF0D-9CF17A568EA2-9042-00000F215331BDE3_zps95d16c51.jpg

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    As of 1021 portage Walmart has seven boxes of federal .45 target 50 rounds and two boxes of Winchester .45 target 50 rounds. No other handgun ammo.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    HTML:
    Gary hasn't been murder capital for quite a while.

Yes I know NYC has held the title for a while. What stops Gary and Detroit from getting it is not for lack of trying but due to the decrease in population.
    Wonder what the numbers would look like if they were based on % of population.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That is based on %. Otherwise Gary would have never won.

:scratch: hum.. per the article...
    But as the Washington Post noted, residents of Chicago and New York were much less likely to be victims of a homicide than some Michigan residents. In Flint, for example, there were 63 killings — a staggering number when you consider Flint's population is 101,632 — "meaning 1 in every 1,613 city residents were homicide victims." In Detroit, where 386 killings occurred in 2012, 1 in 1,832 were homicide victims

The FBI report was TOTAL # dead only.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom