jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm: stupid jedi!!!

24 days ago I needed something from Amazon ASAP so I ended up using that 'free Amazon Prime trial offer' to get 2 day shipping.
    I told myself that I would just cancel the PRIME 24 days into it to avoid the $79 yearly fee.
    Today I get the reminder to cancel so I go over to amazon to look for the cancellation tool.

Guess what I find. Amazon Prime members can stream tv shows and onlines movies as part of their membership!!!
    All this time I could have been wathcing movies for free!!!!! :)

Now I got to figure out if I should renew the PRIME for $79 to continue using this feature or just let it be.
    I wonder if it's worth it or not vs Nextflix etc..

Need to test if this will work via my SmartPhone.

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    For what's in it , it is a good buy but in my opinion it isn't practical . If you have a GSW or any significant laceration you'll need at least twice as much bandaging material. I used an old bag and bought a ton of gauze and trauma pads at Fagen pharmacy for around $45 and it would equal about 3 of those kits.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

24 days ago I needed something from Amazon ASAP so I ended up using that 'free Amazon Prime trial offer' to get 2 day shipping.
    I told myself that I would just cancel the PRIME 24 days into it to avoid the $79 yearly fee.
    Today I get the reminder to cancel so I go over to amazon to look for the cancellation tool.

Guess what I find. Amazon Prime members can stream tv shows and onlines movies as part of their membership!!!

Now I got to figure out if I should renew the PRIME for $79 to continue using this feature or just let it be.

Duh. Didn't you see a chat between T Star and I about it.
    I like amazon prime movies. Been thinking about getting rid of comcast for tv.
    I don't know about phone, it would blow my data plan

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Duh. Didn't you see a chat between T Star and I about it.
    I like amazon prime movies. Been thinking about getting rid of comcast for tv.
    I don't know about phone, it would blow my data plan

I have unlimited data plan on the phone.
    Need to test to see if I can do it via the phone.
    Netflex is $8 a month while A.P. is $6.58 a month + the benefits of amazon other stuff.
    Hum.. decisions decisions

and no I don't read t-star post. ;)

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Looks like it might be worth it at 50% off.

Most first aid kits I've seen (or purchased) are worth about 1/2 of what the "list price" is so its only a value if you buy them on deep discount. For the most part these kits usually are filled with (not sure about this particular kit) cheap band aids, generic aspirin/tylenol/etc. Best bet is to buy them on sale, use the stuff inside as needed, and refill the carry bag with what you really need. There are exceptions, some kits are designed for professional use, those are usually filled with good stuff.

I'd love to have a NWI INGO member who is an EMT or Nurse evaluate (or design) the contents of a kit that could be carried in a car/truck/etc for emergency use. Maybe give us a list of specific items we all should carry.

100% agree.

One of my favorite "commercial" kits I've seen myself are the ones NIPSCO gave to their linemen in the 90's. I don't know what they have now, but I've had my hands on a few of those. Well stocked with proper first aid supplies and medications as well as poison ivy soap, beesting stuff, burn ointment... I believe they were put together by ZEE if I recall correctly. Don't know the cost, looked on their website and their kits aren't cheap.

Most box store first aid kits can be replicated with much more supplies for the same price or less if bought separately and are often short of what I'd want even in a basic kit.

It really depends on what you're looking to get out of a kit. You can have a ziplock bag with some bandaids and bacitracin, all the way up to a duffel bag with ambu bag and intubation supplies. Layman first aid vs trained first aid supplies differ.

Last edited:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Elite First Aid Tactical Trauma Kit #1

1: BleedStop Bandage Good start, but give me at least two. I've not used that particular type of bandage, but thrombotic agents can be tricky and depending on the injury, dangerous for untrained use.
    1: Pair Latex Examination Gloves Need more than 1 pair.
    1: Elastic Bandage, 4'' Good
    4: Pain Reliever Aspirin is a must, tylenol, ibuprofen, naproxin all good to have
    6: Sterile Sponges, 4''x4 You'll want more than 6 of these, but I spose its a good start
    1: Tape, Roll, Adhesive Tape is a must
    16: Bandage Strips, 1''x3'' aka box o bandaids
    6: Antiseptic BZK Wipes Goood to have, also hand sanitizer
    1: Pair of Stainless Steel Tweezers I'd like to add pair of forcepts, sharp point scissors
    1: Triangular Bandage Good to have
    1: EMT Shears A good set of shears can cut through heavy clothing, which comes in handy
    5: Butterfly Strips These, and would add skin glue, and steri strips (don't know if available for sale to general public, but with the internet, I'm sure you can find em)
    1: Abdominal Pad, 5''x9'' You'll want more than 1. These are good absorbant sterile bandages, if you're using one for bleeding, you're going to need more than 1
    2: Ammonia Inhalant Not necessary
    1: EFA - First Aid Instructions Would recommend taking a class at community college or elsewhere over a book.
    1: Burn Aid Package Don't know what's in this, but I doubt it's sufficient for anything serious.
    6: Safety Pins Goes with triangle bandage, pins also work well for splinter

It seems a fairly well appointed kit for $25 (how much is shipping?) but it's far from a trauma kit, even minor trauma. Decently equipped first aid kit though.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :crying:
    well it looks like amazon instant video **will not** work on android devices only the kindle.
    there were a few work arounds but they no longer work since
    1) adobe flash is no longer being supported for android
    2) amazon re-coded their streaming stuff to kill the work arounds the community made.

Oh well guess its back to crackle (app) for me and older movies.
    did manage to watch capt. america on the pc but have no desire to watch more movies on the desktop. was hoping to watch movies on the commuttee to/from work.

oh well...

seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart

I've had Amazon Prime for 3 years now. I mainly just use it for the shipping. Last year I think I did almost all of my Christmas shopping on there. I love the free two day shipping, and it's nice to have the option if I need something quick I can get it over-nighted for $4.

That being said I don't like their Prime Video for the simple reason they don't have an Android App, It's so stupid, their Kindle Fire is running Android with a custom skin on it, so they should have it pretty much already coded. I think they are worried it will hurt their Fire brand, which is stupid. To add insult to injury they have the Prime Video App for Apple products. I emailed them about it, and they just gave some pat answer, blah, blah, blah.

Now next year when Amazon starts collecting Indiana sales tax in 2014, that may change things a little, when my membership is up in April if they don't have the Video app on Android by then I may have to cut ties.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    well this jedi will be cancelling the free membership on the 23.
    figured i'll see a few more movies on the pc this weekend and then say bye bye.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Jedi, you can get amazon prime and "give" it to four other people. Sell it to them for 15.80 and get 4 people to join with you and you now have amazon prime for 16 bucks. I am sure you could get 4 people from ingo to go in it with you. I have some family, a family friend, a fellow ingoer and another friend on mine. Works great and I dont have to pay 80 a year for it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just got home. Ghost, Mrs Ghost, friend of Ghost, Lone, and I had a little to eat at Round the Clock.
    Good times.
    But I am sore, and I just realized the Physical Therapist had given me "homework".
    So I'm waiting for the drugs to take effect so that I can honestly say I did the exercises.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Buy a ROKU box for your TV set and stream the Amazon videos to your TV. I never view videos on the computer, but rather watch on the bit TV screens instead.

:nono: & :facepalm: you mis-read what i want to do. i want to watch 'video' on my phone.
    f*** the TV! I lost the TV a long time ago as the D... kids want to watch 24/7 pks kids, f*** elmo, disney dvds, etc... the only device that is still mine is the phone. i was hoping to be able to stream more recent movies to the phone & watch them on the train.

i do that right now with an app called crackle but they are older movies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, you can get amazon prime and "give" it to four other people. Sell it to them for 15.80 and get 4 people to join with you and you now have amazon prime for 16 bucks. I am sure you could get 4 people from ingo to go in it with you. I have some family, a family friend, a fellow ingoer and another friend on mine. Works great and I dont have to pay 80 a year for it.

:facepalm:
    anotherone that can't read.
    [STRIKE]amazon prime instant video will NOT work on smartphones and tablets that have android on the, since amazon killed that streaming option. it only works on their kindle tablet which has a custom android os on it. so its pointless for what i wanted it for. [/STRIKE]
    c next post for the band aid solution

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom