• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Word finally came in. Suspended from work January 6th to January 30th. No details to be given on Ingo. May divulge some info in person at the clubhouse, if I get out. Gotta pinch the few pennies I have a little harder.

on to brighter news I'm on vacation until the 26th.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Word finally came in. Suspended from work January 6th to January 30th. No details to be given on Ingo. May divulge some info in person at the clubhouse, if I get out. Gotta pinch the few pennies I have a little harder.

on to brighter news I'm on vacation until the 26th.
    You can't win with CN. EH?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    If they allow me to take 8 days vacation, it may not be horrible. I'll have 3 smaller checks but at least I'll get something. I'll have one with 7 days, one with 8 days and another with eight. It'll be tough, but doable. If they don't and I miss a paycheck, I'll have to sell blood or something.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    For those of you that care, Cigar Aficianado release the #1 cigar of 2013 today. They have the top 25 list on the website.

This is the same company behind Wine Spectator, Whisky Advocate, Shanken News, and some other industry publications. The top 100 wines list has been released already, and they are releasing the top Whiskies by region daily.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Thats not called US Steel Law....

Those are just guide lines and guarantees from US Steel.

Laws are enforced on us by our employees.... for some reason that doesn't sound right....

US Steel has rules for employment which tell their employees they must be unarmed and defenseless while they are working there. This requirement also infers that their safety is guaranteed by the company while their employees are on the premises. They are guaranteeing that they will pay for all medical bills and future earnings of their employees if they are harmed by another person while following their rules. Kinda like the restaurants and malls are stating when they put those gun free zone signs on their premises and you honor them by leaving your firearm in the car etc...

At least that's what my legal team thinks....

Sorry I hate it when companies produce actions which don't take in to consideration the reaction to their action....

My Father was ALMOST involved in a shooting at US STEEL in 1962,1963, somewhere in there. Disgruntled employee came into my Dad's office where he worked with three other Metallurgists and his boss. Guy shot and killed three of the four as I recall and was then killed himself on trying to leave the plant (a while later...) by a security guard of 30 some years service who had never removed his gun from the holster... The only reason my Dad was not killed that day was because he had woken up with the Flu and had called in sick. A fortunate illness for him. Not so for his co workers... To this day, even though I was only 4 or 5 at the time, I remember the look on my Dad's Face when he got the phone call..

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    My Father was ALMOST involved in a shooting at US STEEL in 1962,1963, somewhere in there. Disgruntled employee came into my Dad's office where he worked with three other Metallurgists and his boss. Guy shot and killed three of the four as I recall and was then killed himself on trying to leave the plant (a while later...) by a security guard of 30 some years service who had never removed his gun from the holster... The only reason my Dad was not killed that day was because he had woken up with the Flu and had called in sick. A fortunate illness for him. Not so for his co workers... To this day, even though I was only 4 or 5 at the time, I remember the look on my Dad's Face when he got the phone call..

I remember the next door neighbor saying her husband was shoot at the mill.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ok. This work thing is highly overrated.
    I'm having trouble remembering where tools are, and how to do jobs.
    But i am almost certain this sensor that is reading water temp 752 degrees might be wrong.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Ok. This work thing is highly overrated.
    I'm having trouble remembering where tools are, and how to do jobs.
    But i am almost certain this sensor that is reading water temp 752 degrees might be wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't water turn to steam at 212 degrees Fahrenheit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom