• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Thanks

Thanks to all that came out to the Libertyseed!

Our speaker drove over 300 miles (round trip) today without any compensation whatsoever just to deliver this presentation. He came from the storm stricken area downstate. I say that so all of our attendees will understand what this means to us at Project Appleseed. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to come listen.

I never get tired of hearing the story. What I love about Appleseed is that every single instructor tells the story differently. I pick up something new each and every time. Instructors are told to make the story "theirs" by picking out what matters most to them. This makes for a very real and personal presentation and allows the listener to take that history and turn it into Heritage.

Again, thanks to all that came out. A big Thank You to all those that supported us and helped us get the word out even if you were unable to attend. :ingo:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Still doesn't make sense. East of 65 is far, yet he lives East of 65. :scratch:

I was thinking the same thing ... either I'm lost ... or Jedi is lost ... or Lonehoosier is lost ... OR somebody moved I65

Has anyone used Tenergy rechargeable CR123a batteries?

I've wanted to try them but haven't pulled the trigger on a purchase. Everything I would need them for is either pricey or critical use for me. Not to mention, I have a ton of regular CR123's sitting around.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Still doesn't make sense. East of 65 is far, yet he lives East of 65. :scratch:

I was thinking the same thing ... either I'm lost ... or Jedi is lost ... or Lonehoosier is lost ... OR somebody moved I65

:facepalm:
    It's a joke you N00bs!!!
    He was mocking Jedi who complains that south of US-30 is fffffaaaarrrr. Heck south of Main is ffffaaaarrrr.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Dangit they moved I65 again and I didn't notice...

Sorry about my attendance today but when they break it I'm on the clock....

Hope that you had a large enough group for their travels... ?

Re-thinking tomorrow... might have to hit the range anyways....

Sadclown.... looking good.... and PS, have you used those re-chargeable in a surefire flashlight without any fires ?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Has anyone used Tenergy rechargeable CR123a batteries?

I've wanted to try them but haven't pulled the trigger on a purchase. Everything I would need them for is either pricey or critical use for me. Not to mention, I have a ton of regular CR123's sitting around.

Sadclown.... looking good.... and PS, have you used those re-chargeable in a surefire flashlight without any fires ?

Amazon.com: Kits: 4 Tenergy RCR123A 3.0V 900mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Protected Batteries with a Smart Charger: Camera & Photo
    31wO0%2BPgC2L.jpg

I use these in this
    Amazon.com: Streamlight 69140 Vantage LED Helmet Mounted Flashlight: Sports & Outdoors
    4176EbM5%2BbL._SY450_.jpg

No fires.
    I have 2 batts in the light. 2 in a small tool pouch. And 4 in my tool bag.

No fires.

One of the problems with fires is people putting batteries in WRONG.
    In my flashlight, they are side by side. Electronically, they are in series. So the batteries go in OPPOSITE directions.
    In the charger, they are also side by side. But they are charged in parallel, so the batteries go in the SAME direction.

These batteries are high energy sources, with no fuses. If they are used or installed wrong, there will be problems.

If you throw a wrench on a car battery, it will cause a fire.
    It is not the fault of the battery.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom