• Status
    Not open for further replies.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Well, the time might finally be upon us. It has been a long time old friend, we have been through many battles and many places together. We have been together long enough I can feel when you are not well, and I know you are dying. You have been loosing a step now and then these past few months, you have been slowing down. Despite how many times I try and heal you, you are not as fast as you used to be... But it has been a great run, and you have more than doubled the average life span of the average laptop. I remember buying you like it was yesterday, back in the summer of 04. Your specs were godly back then. How many laptops that are still running can say they toppled Blackwing Lair back when it was brand new content, how many can boast about being used to top the charts in Alterac Valley back when High Warlord was something to be proud of. Well my friend, you can... I pray you make it these last 30 days so you can be 10 years old, what an achievement that would be. And if for some reason you can't muster the strength to go on, then I will close your lid, and let you sleep, for you deserve it... My old friend. :patriot: :crying:

I just replaced my laptop also. Went with an HP all in one this time. 23" screen, new I5 processor. The old laptop never moved from my desk in the home office anyway.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Federal Bulk Pack is still none in stock and no backorder.
    :crying:
    Federal Champion Ammo 22 Long Rifle 36 Grain Plated Lead Hollow Point

:xmad: & :crying: :)

Eh.

Bulk pack Winchester has worked fine for me, 555ct brick of that. I put in for a 330 pack of mini mags and a couple Aguila 500rd bricks in different flavors.

Most of what I shoot in .22 is shorts and the Aguila specialty rounds. So I ordered a couple flavors of 22 short, brick of colibri and super colibri and a brick of sniper subsonic 60gr.

I maybe shoot one to two bricks of standard .22lr depending on if I bring anyone shooting-can burn a brick in a sitting. On my own I go through 3-5 bricks of the super colibri, 1 brick of colibri and 2-3 sniper subsonic. Substitute any of those with a brick of 22short. I'll head to the porch with a pocketful of shorts and a box of one of the specialty rounds and shoot steel hanging in the woods

I shoot shorts and the specialty rounds all the time off my back porch. Don't want to risk sending anything that has much power down range since my yard is only 800' deep

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I had horrible luck with Winchester Bulk. Federal bulk has worked great for me as well.

I've heard that from several people. I've never had an issue in my 10/22. Haven't shot any of it in a long while, probably about two years ago Cabela's had a wooden box of em around Christmas. Haven't bought since. Never tried them in any of my other 22s. Usually shoot lever action Henry and only run Federal or mini mags in my gsg 5. Might have to try them in my gsg and see

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Melensdad, I'm interested in the bio-diesel too, but as I have nothing to burn it, my interest is in the process as a skill set...

I prefer the Federal bulk packs of 22LR also, over the Winchester stuff... I have found more damaged 22 rounds in the boxes of Winchester ammo in the last few years and less in the federal ammo. I use to shoot the Winchester Super X 22LR ammo all the time but they changed something at their plant and that changed... The CCI stuff is nice but normally much more expensive.... the CCI Blazer stuff has normally been pretty good although a bit dirty...

I do yearn for the day that we can buy affordable 22LR again.... Currently I can reload 38 spcl and 9mm cheaper...

Sadclown.... poor laptop..... good luck with Windows 8....

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    What is up with this section of I-65.

Holiday travelers clog I-65 : Lake
    Always been the gauntlet traveling home, seems like every time we get a little north of Lafayette, avg speed seems to increase to well over 80 mph, at the same time gets much more congested, recipe for disaster, and it usually ends that way too. If we're on the Harley, we'll usually get off at 14 or 10 and take 55

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What about bio diesel

You can brew it at home and run it in your diesel truck, tractor or car.

There are pre-built brewers you can buy, or you can re-purpose an old water heater. Get some old cooking oil and some methanol and a couple drums or tanks and think hard to your basic college chemistry class and you are well on your way to brewing bio-diesel.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You can brew it at home and run it in your diesel truck, tractor or car.

There are pre-built brewers you can buy, or you can re-purpose an old water heater. Get some old cooking oil and some methanol and a couple drums or tanks and think hard to your basic college chemistry class and you are well on your way to brewing bio-diesel.
    I knew someone that had a bio diesel machine back when diesel was $5 a gallon. I used it a few times in my tractor, and it worked fine. He did have one issue when it got cold. The fat would congeal in the fuel filter. I remember he had to change something in his process to fix that.

Then again, with slight modification I believe most diesels could burn vegetable oil as fuel.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Hey does anyone have a leaf mulcher close to Hobart that I can borrow? I need to mulch up some leaves to stick in my garden buckets.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    What is up with this section of I-65.

Holiday travelers clog I-65 : Lake

Just south of the 231 exit off of RT 65 on the southbound side where the new pavement was put in has a bad bump and needs to be ground down for a smooth joint. Everyone is in a big hurry to go some place and come up to quickly on the car in front of them. Worked on RT 65 construction this summer and fall and it was not a pretty sight of how the traffic was in the construction areas weaving in and around the cars and trucks. Didn't agree with working at night when we were told it was safer at night.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Finally gave in and bought a set of tires for my truck. Discount tire price matched tirerack's sale price (+shipping) and gave me the online $50off set of 4. So, I'll be getting out for 550.

The old tires had 80,000 miles and were quite tired.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hey does anyone have a leaf mulcher close to Hobart that I can borrow? I need to mulch up some leaves to stick in my garden buckets.
    If you can get the 5 hp Briggs engine to start up you can come and get mine. Not sure that its "close to Hobart" but its just sitting in the workshop.

I knew someone that had a bio diesel machine back when diesel was $5 a gallon. I used it a few times in my tractor, and it worked fine. He did have one issue when it got cold. The fat would congeal in the fuel filter. I remember he had to change something in his process to fix that.

Then again, with slight modification I believe most diesels could burn vegetable oil as fuel.
    Yes, BIO-diesel tends to gel at a higher temperature than DINO-diesel. That is why most BIO-diesel sold commercially is a blend and mixed with DINO-diesel. There are anti-gels that can be incorporated into the fuel too. But in the really cold weather the BIO-diesel can be somewhat problematic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom