Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not in Valpo. Limit three of any size. I picked up three 100 rd Federal 9mm Thursday.

who cares about 9mm!!!
    I want these!!!!!
    2-FE745.jpg

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    We will have a gymnasium size floor (regulation size basketball court) available to us. If attendance is low and YHJ thinks it would benefit the presentation, we would have access to an adjoining classroom (could accommodate 20-25 adults comfortably). I would recomend that attendees bring lawn/camp chairs or something comfortable to sit on. We WILL have folding chairs available for everyone that needs them but the format is extremely informal and attempts to mimic what happens at an Appleseed. We will have chairs set out but no formal seating arrangements. Think along the lines of ... "Alright everyone, circle up. I have a story to tell."

Thanks for the suggestion on bringing chairs.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Somewhere around my shop I have the better part of a roll of it. Yellow, Reflective. How much do you need? Send me a PM.

I'm just thinking of ideas for a emergency kit for the van in case I ever have to change the **** tire again on the side of the road.

Thinking of this...

Emergency-Warning-Triangle-Kit-78440-001-ba.jpg

and
    $(KGrHqJ,!ogFI(i4wSpzBSNd1hK)Ug~~60_35.JPG

and
    patrull-reflective-vest__0119226_PE275432_S4.JPG

and
    Headlamp.gif

and
    35635.jpg

or
    288605d1265006845-lug-wrench-w01331631311oes.jpg

(not sure which would be better)

am I missing anything?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

good idea. I have road flares, but they don't work very well during the day. At night they (road flares) are awesome though.

Ehhh. If you have the above triangles and/or flares, I think this would be redundant.

These are Excellent. Wore this when I walked my dog. I even had one for him. They are very visible. No batteries to die.

and
    Headlamp.gif

Will you check the batteries every few months????? Seems like if you wait 4 years, then need it, the batteries will corrode through.

35635.jpg

or

I would get both.
    The bottom one is better for breaking lose the nut.

How about one of these?
    LifeLine AAA 300 PSI 12 Volt DC Air Compressor : Amazon.com : Automotive

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I can see why you sit at the kids table for the holidays.

Actually I don't sit at either table.
    I HATE the holidays as I HATE having to be 'nice' with all relatives.
    So instead I tend not to eat at all. :)

@Larry
    Ah good idea on the road flares. As a kid I would take my dad's flares from his work bag and burn ants with them. :)
    As for the redundant light I don't mind. The more "light" the better.

As for the headlamp I have 3 flashlights with me that night.
    1 on me and 2 in my "BOB" *cough* gg's rape kit *cough*.
    Eveyr 3 months I inspect the contents and change batteries, etc in the BOB.
    The headlamp would be on that BOB and not in the car to ensure the batteries get changed out.

for??? :dunno: The only other time I had a flat (in the car @ EC train station) is was a full blown flat as in the tire was off the rim! No way an air compressor was going to help that.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I might be picking up some desiccant packs shortly (40 gram size). Anyone interested in joining me? PM me. The two vendors I am looking at put the cost at under $5.00 per unit ... shipped. I'll wait until Friday.

Waiting until Monday in case anyone is interested.

where can I buy reflective tape (yellow or orange kind)???

Somewhere around my shop I have the better part of a roll of it. Yellow, Reflective. How much do you need? Send me a PM.

I was going to dig around for some of my $50 per inch reflective tape. It looks like Melensdad has you covered though.

Thanks for the suggestion on bringing chairs.

Don't get me wrong. We will have enough folding chairs for everyone but a camp chair or pad on the ground might be more comfy.

I'm just thinking of ideas for a emergency kit for the van in case I ever have to change the **** tire again on the side of the road.

Thinking of this...

Good idea

I would ditch this idea.

Might be a good idea ... see below.

Headlamp.gif

Good idea.

35635.jpg

or

Get both and pick up a piece of pipe at the hardware store that you can use as a breaking bar extension.

I would get the road flares in addition to the triangles but would also consider the option of emergency strobes or some combination of triangles with strobes. With flares you have to resist the temptation to immediately deploy them at an accident scene ... spilled fuel or vapors from spilled fuel could give you a nasty surprise. You have to assess the situation weigh the risk/benefit to using them.

About the light and vest ... from personal experience, I think bright, flashing lights and bright reflective things tend to act as bug zappers ... only thing is, it's drunken idiots you are attracting and you're the one getting "zapped."

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    It absolutely baffles me that a grown man...yes, I understand this is jedI we're talking about here...but anyways, I am BAFFLED a grown man has never changed a flat tire before. I had to change a tire for a male friend in highschool because he didn't know how, and then a boyfriend in the middle of a snow storm. That guy got kicked to the curb very quickly.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    It absolutely baffles me that a grown man...yes, I understand this is jedI we're talking about here...but anyways, I am BAFFLED a grown man has never changed a flat tire before. I had to change a tire for a male friend in highschool because he didn't know how, and then a boyfriend in the middle of a snow storm. That guy got kicked to the curb very quickly.

sometimes people get lucky.....first time i had to change a tire was in North Carolina right on the interstate heading back up this way at 18 or 19 yrs old.

Driving on a donut from Fort Bragg, NC to La Porte (12-14hr drive) was not very fun (about 7 or 8pm so no tire store was open)

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    sometimes people get lucky.....first time i had to change a tire was in North Carolina right on the interstate heading back up this way at 18 or 19 yrs old.

Driving on a donut from Fort Bragg, NC to La Porte (12-14hr drive) was not very fun (about 7 or 8pm so no tire store was open)

You were lucky to have the donut go the distance, it's only a temporary spare.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom