• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Looking around online it seems to be the favorite pick.

What's better, cedar humidor or tuppidor?

Talk to bob before you do anything. He can explain why the modern table top humidors don't exactly work as advertised/expected. There are some exceptions, sure, but make sure you have the facts.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Talk to bob before you do anything. He can explain why the modern table top humidors don't exactly work as advertised/expected. There are some exceptions, sure, but make sure you have the facts.

Yeah, I'm going to try to make the 12/5 cigar night, but right now I'm scheduled on staff 7a-11p so I'm trying to find someone to cover the latter half

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yeah, I'm going to try to make the 12/5 cigar night, but right now I'm scheduled on staff 7a-11p so I'm trying to find someone to cover the latter half

Humidors....

"cheap" wood humidors are pretty bad.
    Tupperware is good, if kept in climate stable, out of sunlight, away from drafts.
    "good" wood humidors are the best.

Wood prevents sunlight fading, insulates from temperature variations through the day, and is slow to both absorb and expel humidity. Consequently the inside of the box is far more stable than tupperware and far better for cigars than tupperware. But cheap wood humidors often are masonite boxes with a thin veneer of wood, those do very little to control humidity and so if given a choice of a cheap masonite/veneer box and a tupperware container, I'd recommend tupperware. Tupperware is prone to much bigger temperature and humidity fluctuations than wood, and the more mass you have to the wood (real wood, not masonite/veneer) the better the box and the less the temperature and humidity will fluctuate.

In rough price points . . . If you are going to spend about $150 on up, then there are SOME decent wood humidors. At $225 the choices for wood get a lot better. At $300 prices the wood humidors are hard to beat. Those are "retail" prices, I do better for INGO members.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Who need a NIB 650 with case feeder?

Me!!!!!!!! I need da 650!

You guys are welcome to do the trade at the cigar lounge, many others do that.

Often one person drops off money. The other person shows up at a later date/time and drops off the merchandise and picks up the money. Then the first person comes back for the item purchased or traded. So the lounge acts sort of like an "escrow agent" handling the deal when people's schedules don't allow them to actually meet up in person.

Obviously an "in person" deal is better when members don't know each other personally, but I'm just throwing it out there as what many others have done.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Could you please explain it to me? ... what's the issue?

This is what I got from the thread. Well, "Shooter" is what is under the name on the posts of anyone who has been banned. That is, during your ban, instead of "plinker", "expert", or whatever, it will say "Shooter". The reason for the ban in this case? It used to say "Banned". Other members mentioned back in the day that it would be better to call the banned ones something else. Simply because new members searching information on the forums may not take any good advice they had contributed because they are banned.

Historically correct but INCORRECT for the case of CPT Ner...
    He was not banned from INGO for putting the term "shooter" in his profile.
    He was banned because he had a lot of infractions and he goated the MODs by taking a screenshot of his infractions and posting that image as his sign line causing his sig to be HUGE and also shwoing the world his infractions. He had been warned by the MODs for a while now and was on their super probation list to walk a very fine line. He chose instead of goat them and got the banmmer. No idea for how long or if it's a permanent ban.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Historically correct but INCORRECT for the case of CPT Ner...
    He was not banned from INGO for putting the term "shooter" in his profile.
    He was banned because he had a lot of infractions and he goated the MODs by taking a screenshot of his infractions and posting that image as his sign line causing his sig to be HUGE and also shwoing the world his infractions. He had been warned by the MODs for a while now and was on their super probation list to walk a very fine line. He chose instead of goat them and got the banmmer. No idea for how long or if it's a permanent ban.
    It is GOAD Jedi, not goat!

goad
    gōd/
    verb

provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate some action or reaction.
      "he goaded her on to more daring revelations"
    As opposed to the thing in my avatar

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    az 4 da txt bob claimz 2 hav. oh so NOT tru!
    I told lonehoosier's wife 2 paint hiz nail, put a bow on hiz head n tak a pic
    bob wanted him 2 look like this...
    adam-lambert-grammys-2011-041.jpg

me was just hoping 2 have him lok like this
    790-PaintedNails.jpg

so gg could go ''ooohhhh aaahhh" over his nails.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It is GOAD Jedi, not goat!

goad
    gōd/
    verb

provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate some action or reaction.
      "he goaded her on to more daring revelations"
    As opposed to the thing in my avatar

oh come now did you really expect Jedi to write a complete comprendable sentence let alone an entire paragraph!
    Ya should be happy I have let the thread alone for a while now. :p

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    oh come now did you really expect Jedi to write a complete comprendable sentence let alone an entire paragraph!
    Ya should be happy I have let the thread alone for a while now. :p
    Happy? Not by any definition I would use for myself :):

Next you will be telling us something is a "mute" rather than moot

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    You have the current files jedi takes it?
    Is there any user member info (logins, forums info)?
    Are you trying to add "buy online features"?

I just want to make it friendly for mobile devices. It looks great on a computer but not on smartphones. Its a simple website, no flash, etc. No buy online stuff wanted/needed as we don't do mail-order.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BLAH!!! I personally HATE it when a website tosses me to the mobile version of the site on the phone. Hate it even more when there is no way to get to the full site either *cough* hammond times *cough*.

Talk to GB he might be able to do it and/or has contacts that can.
    I have dabbeled in websites, code, shopping carts and web building but never done a mobile service (and never will).
    It's not hard just a bit of small time coding you can find it online and copy & paste for the most part.
    Sorry can't help you out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom