• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Any one on here good with AR15s? I have an AR that needs the delta ring removed and a free foot hand guard installed along with a low profile gas block installed after removing the railed gas block...

Willing to pay, but Blythes in griffith quoted me $100 and that seems an little out of line considering I have all the parts and have seen the entire job done on YouTube in 10 minutes...
    I want it done right and I don't own the tools or vice to do this so maybe $100 is reasonable... any one have advice??

Last edited:

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Got some new shoes on da pick'em'up'truck today. Sick to think that my 2012 truck has 45k miles on it already... Although, a big recommendation for Lake Tire on rt2 in Lowell. Good guys, best price around. $725 out the door for four 265/75r17 in an E load range and fairly aggressive tread pattern.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Any one on here good with AR15s? I have an AR that needs the delta ring removed and a free foot hand guard installed along with a low profile gas block installed after removing the railed gas block...

Willing to pay, but Blythes in griffith quoted me $100 and that seems an little out of line considering I have all the parts and have seen the entire job done on YouTube in 10 minutes...
    I want it done right and I don't own the tools or vice to do this so maybe $100 is reasonable... any one have advice??

Can you give me some detail, I think the Blythe's in Valpo could do it for less

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Can you give me some detail, I think the Blythe's in Valpo could do it for less

Is it just me, or in the past year and a half has the service at the blythes in grifith gone down and they now sell more expensive guns. Seems like almost everything in there is a AR or glock, or else a new production gun and theres barely anything used or milsurps.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Is it just me, or in the past year and a half has the service at the blythes in grifith gone down and they now sell more expensive guns. Seems like almost everything in there is a AR or glock, or else a new production gun and theres barely anything used or milsurps.

I wish I could tell ya bud. I have never actually been to the Griffith Blythes.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Has anyone played with those Boberg pistols? I was interested when they first came out but figured I'd wait till they were a proven design. I kinda forgot about em but this came up on my Facebook feed:Boberg taking pre-orders for XR45-S

At the quoted prices, I would wait until there are more of these on the market. I know the .45 ACP cartridge is finicky about slide speed and barrel length in the 1911 platform. That could be entirely different in this platform but I would let someone else be the guinea pig. DK also brings up a very good point about ammo dis-assembly ... not a feature you want in a defensive handgun.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia

I think their employees don't give a ****... maybe its a culture thing there, but Roger and his Son have always been pleasant to deal with... the rest of the crew, not so much...

For instance, I stopped in to drop of the Liberty Seed info . I talked to Roger about what its all about and he said I could leave some. I thanked him and put them where he asked me to...one of the salesmen comes by and says hi and looks at me as I put the papers in neat stacks. I ask him if he ever heard of the Appleseed project and his response was "no" in started explaining about the RWVA and the history of the war and about the rifleman program and he interrupts me and says "you don't think your leaving this stuff here, do you?"... I explained I had permission and hoped to see him there...

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I think their employees don't give a ****... maybe its a culture thing there, but Roger and his Son have always been pleasant to deal with... the rest of the crew, not so much...

I would still like more info on the gun you want the rail on. What kind of gun (praying it is not a rock river), and what kind of rail? Cause most of them are not that hard.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got some new shoes on da pick'em'up'truck today. Sick to think that my 2012 truck has 45k miles on it already... Although, a big recommendation for Lake Tire on rt2 in Lowell. Good guys, best price around. $725 out the door for four 265/75r17 in an E load range and fairly aggressive tread pattern.
    Yup they are very good guys there. A couple years ago my wife got a flat on Rt2 in a Volvo SUV with some tire size that NOBODY stocks. Lake let me leave her vehicle in their lot, they had me order the tire from TireRack.Com, and they installed it for FREE when it arrived.

Griffith Blythe's USED TO BE GREAT, but a few years ago they became lying fat f***s. Outright lied to my face about transfers (I was involved in a gunshop at one time and knew the facts) Lied to me about record keeping and its costs. Roger was standing right beside the guy who was lying and never corrected him, then stood up for him/his lies when I pointed a couple things out. Never buy another gun from them again.

In fact I NEVER EVER GO TO Blythe's Griffith.

On the other hand, Blythe's Valpo is a great shop. Different owner, different attitude!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Good morning everyone. Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm having a pretty good morning thanks to the pain meds. I think Jedi try to come over about 10 o'clock last night. My dog went crazy so I let her out to scary him off. I go back to see the Doc Friday to take off the bandages and see when I can start physical therapy back up, I'm not looking forward to that part. I should be back to work by the first of the year. It's hard to believe its been almost five mouths since this happened.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Good morning everyone. Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm having a pretty good morning thanks to the pain meds. I think Jedi try to come over about 10 o'clock last night. My dog went crazy so I let her out to scary him off. I go back to see the Doc Friday to take off the bandages and see when I can start physical therapy back up, I'm not looking forward to that part. I should be back to work by the first of the year. It's hard to believe its been almost five mouths since this happened.
    We know you've just been milking it. :p

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Yup they are very good guys there. A couple years ago my wife got a flat on Rt2 in a Volvo SUV with some tire size that NOBODY stocks. Lake let me leave her vehicle in their lot, they had me order the tire from TireRack.Com, and they installed it for FREE when it arrived.

Griffith Blythe's USED TO BE GREAT, but a few years ago they became lying fat f***s. Outright lied to my face about transfers (I was involved in a gunshop at one time and knew the facts) Lied to me about record keeping and its costs. Roger was standing right beside the guy who was lying and never corrected him, then stood up for him/his lies when I pointed a couple things out. Never buy another gun from them again.

In fact I NEVER EVER GO TO Blythe's Griffith.

On the other hand, Blythe's Valpo is a great shop. Different owner, different attitude!

I used to spend a lot of money with Blythes Griffith. But I had multiple similar experiences, and swore them off. Won't spend another dime there after the way I was treated two visits in a row.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom